corrupted database backups

christinajj

Hello, I'm new to cubecart  - am doing some digital marketing work for a site that runs on it but finding that every time I run a database backup & then download it, the file stalls right at the end of the backup download to my PC (on both windows & mac).  I've cleared the SQL cache & still having this problem. 

Any ideas?  

Unless you have very small websites (and even then on many hosting company's configuration) then the CubeCart backup utility will time out because it takes longer than he server settings allow a process to run.  Cheaper hosting packages will generally have lower limits and also be slower servers and so processes will take longer but even then, on even reasonably large sites even th best hosting probably won't be able to cope.

DB - doing a copy of the database through cPanel / phpMyAdmin is very quick and simple and always advisable regardless of other backups are available although not strictly needed as you are hosted with us.  We use the R1Soft backup system and you can restore individual files, a directory or your whole hosting account and also a database to any 8-hourly point in time in the last week !

Ian