[Resolved] USPS Module

jka

We use the Enhanced UPS module for weights and multiple boxes. They work great for our products weighing more than 25lbs - 250lbs.

We are in the process of adding accessories to our website. Most of these can be shipped by USPS Priority Mail. We just signed up for the USPS API ID. (thanks bsmither from another post)

We need to limit the shipping options for items less than 25-lbs to USPS Priority Mail. Any input on how to accomplish this?  In other words, Products will ship by UPS and accessories/parts will ship by USPS. How do we restrict and separate?

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any (current) way to sum together disparate carrier providers. That is, an order has one item that will be shipped by UPS and a second item that will be shipped by USPS. Currently, the order has various total and complete shipping costs provided by each carrier (enabled plugin) which the customer chooses just that one cost/shipper.

May I ask if you truly intend to limit the choices offered to your customers? Should a customer be given a choice to ship 15-lbs by UPS or USPS, the choice made by cost and delivery time, should you really care?

Again, I am not aware of a solution to your needs as I interpret your explanation. That's not to say it's impossible to get one written.

On the other hand, there is this:
https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/shipping-methods/link-cubecart-products-to-specific-shipping-services-/-modules