Store home in admin

11thhour

Hi everyone,

I have my store turned off and have allowed administrators to view the store off line. It use to work like that just fine, but now while in admin when I click store home it goes to the page I have for when the site is off not the store itself. Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this? I tried clearing the cache and admin logs and also clearing browser history, cookies and cache. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

"and have allowed administrators to view the store off line"

This setting does not appear in the latest versions of CC6.

When working properly, there is a fat red banner across the top (may be specific to Foundation) advising the admin that the store is being shown for admin purposes and is actually offline.

Hi, I'm running Version 4.4.2  The last issue I had was a warning about time zones on my admin panel and bsmither helped with that by having me change some code to whats below.

For CC442, in ini.inc.php:

Find near line 131:
## default encoding UTF-8
ini_set('default_charset','UTF-8');

//date_default_timezone_set('UTC');

Change the last line to:
date_default_timezone_set('Amaerica/New_York');

In CC4's index.php, near line 102:

Using a programmer's text editor, find:

if(($config['offLine']==1 && isset($_SESSION[CC_ADMIN_SESSION_NAME]) && $config['offLineAllowAdmin']==0) || ($config['offLine']==1 && !isset($_SESSION[CC_ADMIN_SESSION_NAME])))

Change to:

if(($config['offLine']==1 && isset($GLOBALS[CC_ADMIN_SESSION_NAME]) && $config['offLineAllowAdmin']==0) || ($config['offLine']==1 && !isset($GLOBALS[CC_ADMIN_SESSION_NAME])))

This is a quick and dirty solution. Someone who knows what they are doing can forge a cookie such that CC4 now will show the storefront where otherwise would be shown the offline page.

"I'm not sure how these things get changed"

I think the code in the file index.php for CC448 (the latest version which previously you were instructed to use) wasn't checked for this scenario. So, this may be a bug that is still present for others who are running CC4.