[Resolved] Installing Google Tag Manager

Keegan

Welcome to the forums, @Keegan!

I've never used Google Tag Manager, but I did see this in the instructions:

Copy and paste the code snippet into your website. Paste this code so that it appears immediately after the opening <body> tag on every page on your site.

That sounds like code that needs to be added to main.php. Is that what you're trying to do?

Thanks Dirty Butter.

That did not work, but I did find a solution. Under the includes > extra there was an existing Google Remarketing html file with just the AdWords remarketing script in there. I replace that script with the Google Tag Manager script and it is now showing on all pages via Chrome's tag assistant and tag manager's debug tool. Thanks!

Absolutely!

I'm a data analyst for online advertising. With Google Tag Manager I can deploy scripts like Google Analytics, Facebook Pixels, and custom code to any page I need to without getting into the webpage code. I do it all from a dashboard that lets me create events as specific as tracking clicks on a specific CSS selectors. I take all of this data and use it to tell business owners about their audience and how people use their site.

I can track clicks, page views, or even create events depending on the length of time a person stays on a page. The big draw for this is creating custom events and seeing which mediums visitors come from to complete those events. I use this data to help business owners spend online advertising dollars more efficiently.