Upgrade to 6.1.1 - Filemanager not working

blazoman

Hello, 

This is my first post although I trawl through these forums regularly for solution but I haven't come across a solution to this yet and have tried many things.

I recently upgraded to v6.1.1 from v6.0.7 and everything went relatively smoothly changed the admin names etc no problem. The only issue is my filemanager stopped working, specifically the images. When in admin if I click on "images" under "filemanager" I get a http 500 error and if i navigate to images in the add product tab none of my images come up in the tree. The images still come up beside the products in admin and in my store I just cant load them in the filemanager, also when uploading a new image in the "add product section" I get an X on the image and it says "server php error 500" or similar. I my filemanager table has NULL in all the filepaths. I mean it sounds like a database problem but it looks okay, maybe I should be looking at the images table?

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,

John-Paul

Fortunately I resolved this by reloading my database and files backups and then upgrading by unzipping 6.1.1 over the top of everything. The maintenance upgrade button seemed to be what gave me trouble.

Everything works fine how except a pile of my images are not showing up in file manager and on the corresponding inventory items.

Help please!!

There are quite a few database changes between 6.0.7 and 6.1.1 - perhaps not all the changes took effect. You can go to the setup folder in the db/upgrade folder and use cPanel to check your tables to see if each db change from 6.0.7 up was made. If you find one that needs to be upgraded, you can run the changes from SQL in your database.

Hey Guys I managed to fix this issue. Thanks for the replies.

Looking at the filemanager table I could see that many of the images in the "source" root directory for images, the filepaths were not set to NULL. This allowed all my images to appear in the file manager. 

Then a good portion of my stock did not have any entries in the image index table. From my 6.0.7 database backup I selected the lines from the image index table that were the missing stock items cross referencing with the product ID. This seemed to work and gave images to all my missing stock images. 

I think this all started due to me clicking the upgrade button in maintenance it did not work correctly and just screwed by the database a bit. Not to self is to perform upgrades by downloading the file and unzipping then running setup. 

Any how I feel like I know the ins and out of this piece of software now haha. Thanks for your help. :)

Regards,

John-Paul