No upgrade notification on dashborad or news

Claudia M

Hi,

I used the patch for 6.14 and now by accident I find out that 6.15 is available.  I do not get the red banner on my dashboard, nor do I get the upgrade notification in news and announcements. Plus the dashboard is not telling me when there is an upgrade for my plugins. Will this be fixed when I upgrade to 6.15?  If not what should I do to fix it. My other store is showing the banner and notifications.

I posted something similar before on January 19th.  Here are the highlights: 

Hi,

I noticed in CC6.1.3 on the dashboard there is an option to ignore plugin upgrade notifications.  I stupidly chose this option and I now do not get any notifications when and upgrade is available. I know this because my other store  still gets the notices.  Anyway to turn it back on so I get the notifications.

Thanks in advance,

Claudia

And Al replied:

You can test it by installing an old version of any extension. The dash will then show a new version available. There is an ignore option.

If ignore it clicked I believe is another new version comes available the notification will come back.

I did as Al suggested and it worked - the notification came back, maybe just for that plugin I don't remember.  But now I don't get any notifications.

Thanks in advance as always,

Claudia

According to what I see in the code, clicking "Ignore" will update the database record for that extension info's "modified" time with the current time. Thus, if the database record has a modified time later than the last modified time reported by CubeCart-HQ when queried, there will be no notice for that extension.

Also (I haven't positively confirmed this), but I think any extension that was manually installed, that is, not having used the lightning bolt code, will not be in the extension info database table, and will not be eligible for update notifications.

The data fetched for these announcements are cached (if cache is enabled). Thus, if the cached responses are still fresh (24 hrs), CubeCart shows that.

Then, there is also the situation that, once a version-check has been made, regardless of the response, that fact is stored in the SESSION and no further checks will be made until the SESSION is cleared - that is, until you logout (then log back in).