How do I restore my website with backup files

boonchiam

Hi,

Any help to restore my website? I have tried to upgrade my store to 6.1.12 Manually because there was errors - https://support.cubecart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/228/43/how-do-i-upgrade-from-cubecart-v6-to-latest-v6 , I have done the full backup but when I replaced it there was an unknown error while uploading. I decided to re-install CubeCart but I do not know how to use the backup files to restore.

Please help!

Regards

Boon

upgrade error.txt

The errors when using the admin upgrade option are very common - most people are still not able to auto upgrade because of these errors.

What errors did you get when manually upgrading ?  If you are using an FTP client or a file manager option in your hosting control panel to upload the files to the correct location, then there should be no errors or problems

Ian

hi, i am using  file manager option in your hosting control panel. what i do is download the entire cpanel cubecart file (site backup on the cpnael file manager) and i didnt backup the sql database for the backup.

looks like i also need to backup the sql file as well. after i upload the backup zip file and extract to where it used to be. it doesnt work anymore

i start to rebuild from scratches again, as it was a new website and not too much stock in itemise

thanks for your help