Email Templates

Claudia

Many CC versions ago I changed some of my email templates to suit my needs.  For example the Admin Order Received email. I uploaded this to the email template in admin and checked in the database and the test in admin and all my changes are there.  However, when the email is sent, the stock email from CC is sent. How do I make CC send my edited template? I'm using CC version 6.5.1

Thanks

Claudia

Please directly examine the database again. Find your edited content in the CubeCart_email_content table. Note the value in the 'language' column for that row.

CubeCart will use the content (maybe from the cached database query, so be sure to have CubeCart clear its internal cache after saving the edited content) that matches the purpose (admin.order_received) and also matches the language specified (customer's choice or default).

It always did before? But not anymore with CC651?

You wrote "en - US" with spaces. Is that actually correct as spelled, or is it actually "en-US" without spaces?

We should determine what language CubeCart is using when sending the custom templates.

Please check on this: In admin, Email Log, find a problematic email log entry (that sent the 'stock' email instead of the custom email). Click on the Edit icon for that row. You will be taken to the Edit screen for that Email Content.

What language is shown in the drop-down?

Edited by bsmither

Could it be that the 'customer' that this email was sent to (if not actually you being a test customer) chose to view the store in the UK language? Do you have that feature enabled on your storefront (allowing a customer to choose their language)?

I see.

I just now added an issue in the Github referencing the missing capability to assign a language to a customer that the admin creates.

The database structure for the Cubecart_customer table states that the 'language' column has a default value, which, for your store, might be 'en-GB' (or just 'en', which was supposed to get corrected to 'en-GB' in CC511).

Thus, customers you create will use the UK language - and so far, no convenient way to change it.

Edited by bsmither