product options blank screen after upgrade

peterp

Hi All,

I have just upgraded a cubecart site to the latest version and now when I try to go to the 'product options' selection in admin all I get is a blank screen. The previous version that I upgrade from was ver 6.0.12 and it worked.

Has anybody else had this issue or have I failed to setup something in the latest version.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Peterp

Hi All

If it is of any help the error log displayed this message I have no idea what this means:

[<strong>Exception</strong>] C:xampphtdocschampcoclothingtestnewadmin_ElnMlNsourcesproducts.options.inc.php:269 - Call to undefined method Catalogue::getDefaultOptions()
https://localhost/champcoclothingtestnew/admin_ZlX9zy.php?_g=products&node=options

Hope it is helpful

Best Regards,

Peterp

The Catalogue class method `function getDefaultOptions()` was implemented in CC650.

Please make sure the edits that appear here:

https://github.com/cubecart/v6/commit/c25c5471b7b69688e6ce19dfb5e8ab5b60ea2145

have been implemented in your installation.

Hi Brian,

That's a very good question unfortunately I cannot be sure as I was not in on the original installation and whatever happen before me.

Is there anyway of telling whether the upgrade was completely successful or not otherwise I will have to deal with the issues as they occur

Best Regards,

Peterp

Hi Brian,

I have just noticed that when I now run the website my shop by brand doesn't work correctly. What is doing is instead of showing manufacturers logo's and making them clickable so that they go to the manufacturers website there is no image shown and when the no image box is clicked it goes to the category. This all seems confusing and I'm not sure whether I have explained it well sorry. I have included the error log which seems a bit strange to me but I have no idea.

Hope you can help me all was going fine until this happened.

Best Regards,

Peterp

shopbybrand errorlog.pdf

I will need to know more about the "Shop-by-Manufacturer".

Is it a plugin?

It seems you were having issues with a plugin a year ago:

https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/53397-enhanced-manufacturers/

Edited by bsmither

Hi Brian,

Yes I was having issues with this plugin but they were resolved and I have checked that I'm not having the same issue. the plugin is the 'Enhanced Manufacturers'. With a bit of fiddling around I have been able to get the system to display a 'No Image' available and when you click on it it goes to the manufacturers website, however I have also been able to get the 'No Image' image come up and when you click on it it shows the products for that manufacturer.

What I'm trying to achieve is when the tab 'Shop By Brand' is clicked then all the manufacturers logos are displayed, if the user then clicks on any one of the logo's the system will take the user to the that manufacturers website and when they 'x' out of the manufacturers site it comes back to the original website. Also the 'Shop By Band' tab will also display the individual manufacturers that can be selected in isolation and this would display all of the selected manufacturers products within this websites database that is held by them. The annoying thing about all of this is that the plugin was working correctly and then after installing a shipping plugin it has decided not to work maybe coincidence ( grabbing of straws) .

Hope this helps

Best Regards,

Peterp

Home screen 'Shop by Brand'.png

Hi Brian,

I have updated and checked the options programs as per the GitHub that you sent me earlier , however the issue I'm having now is that the  options are not printing or displaying on the finial order instead there is just junk where they options should be ( see attachment).

Can you please help me with this issue it would be very appreciated.

Best Regards,

Peterp

options not displaying.png

That hash is the list of options, but serialized and base64 encoded, so as to fit better in the database.

Those changes were implemented in CC642. So, the question remains, did your installation get completely upgraded to the the latest version?

See:

https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/2705

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the information but now I'm a bit worried as to how the upgrade went and even though it said it was successful it may not have done everything, is there any way of checking whether other files/programs have been upgraded correctly

Best Regards,

Peterp

Hi Brian,

I have just checked the files that are outlined in the GitHub link that you sent and they are all correct I didn't need to change anything,however when I run through the ordering process and get to the point where the order can be printed then it seems the options are not being shown instead a garbage line is shown.

When the order is displayed during the checkout process the options are displaying correctly it seems just when it finally displayed and then printed that the issue occurs.

Any help will be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Peterp

"is there any way of checking whether other files/programs have been upgraded correctly"

Try this:

In the main folder, note the date/time of the file ini.inc.php. There is no reason to have edited this file, so its timestamp should not have been altered.

IF, when unzipping the CC651 archive zip file, the timestamps stated for the files would carry over to the workstation filesystem, then (apart from time zone offsets) those times should match. Then IF, when FTP'ing the files from your local workstation to the site, the timestamps carry over, then (apart from time zone offsets) those times should match.

My copy of the CC651 zip archive file, when examining the contents within, has as the timestamp - presumably when the archive was created - is 2023-03-28::08:08 Created (and 08:05 Modified - however that happens).

So, on the server, look at several directory listings and note the files' (not necessarily the folders) date/times. They should be close to 28 Mar 2023.

Hi Brian,

I have solved the problem of the product options not appearing correctly. The answer was that the print order form gateway needed to be updated so by downloading the extension 'Print Order Form' It work correctly. I have also checked the rest of the site and all of the programs have a created date of 15--5-2023 except for the programs I have been modifying. I also run a comparison utility comparing my site with a clean cubecart site downloaded from the cubecart web page and all compared equal once again except for the programs I have been modifying.

All is well and once again thanks for your support and help always very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Peterp