Changing top menu to a vertical menu

Claudia

I've changed the css in the foundation navigation files so it now acts as a vertical menu.  However, I can't get it to show my "children" and I don't know where to put my script. Any help is appreciated

https://www.cambargainstore.com/

{if $CATEGORIES}
{$CATEGORIES}
{else}
<div id="vertical-navigation-box-cbd">
  <ul itemscope itemtype="http://www.schema.org/SiteNavigationElement" class="vnb-top-cbd">
              <li>    <a href="/listed-only-on-ebay" title="Listed only on eBay" class="vm-ebay-txt">Listed only on eBay</a></li>
            <li>    <a href="/listed-only-on-etsy" title="Listed only on Etsy" class="vm-etsy-txt">Listed only on Etsy</a></li>

<!--  <li class="name"></li>
     <li class="toggle-topbar left"><a href="">{$LANG.navigation.title} <svg class="icon"><use xlink:href="#icon-caret-down"></use></svg></a></li>
  </ul> -->
<!--  <section class="top-bar-section">
     <h5 class="hide">{$LANG.navigation.title}</h5> -->
    <!-- <ul itemscope itemtype="http://www.schema.org/SiteNavigationElement" class="left"> -->
  <!--      <li itemprop="name" class="show-for-medium-up"><a itemprop="url" href="{$ROOT_PATH}" title="{$LANG.common.home}"><svg class="icon"><use xlink:href="#icon-home"></use></svg></a></li> -->
        {$NAVIGATION_TREE}
    <!--    {if $CTRL_CERTIFICATES && !$CATALOGUE_MODE}
        <li itemprop="name"><a itemprop="url" href="{$URL.certificates}" title="{$LANG.navigation.giftcerts}">{$LANG.navigation.giftcerts}</a></li>
        {/if} -->
   <!--     {if $CTRL_SALE}
        <li itemprop="name"><a itemprop="url" href="{$URL.saleitems}" title="{$LANG.navigation.saleitems}">{$LANG.navigation.saleitems}</a></li>
        {/if} -->
     </ul>
     </div>
  {/if}

<li class="has-sub-cbd">
   <a class="vertical-navigation-box-link-cbd" href="{$BRANCH.url}" title="{$BRANCH.name}">{$BRANCH.name}</a>
   {if isset($BRANCH.children)}
   <ul class="vnb-sub-cbd">
      <li itemprop="name" class="vnb-sub-title-cbd">{$BRANCH.name}</li>
      {$BRANCH.children}
   </ul>
   {/if}
</li>

<script>
    $('.vnb-sub-cbd').hide();
    $('.has-sub-cbd').hover(function(){
        $(this).children('.vnb-sub-cbd').fadeToggle(200);
    });
    </script>

Just to clarify: the group of statements that starts with <li class="has-sub-cbd"> is located in the skin template file element.navigation_tree.php.

If so, then the code at /classes/catalogue.class.php, public function getCategoryTree() might be malfunctioning. Near line 898 is where $children is evaluated. Specifically, this statement:

if ($GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'catalogue_expand_tree') && $children = $this->getCategoryTree($category['cat_id'], $level)) {

suggests that there is a setting in admin, Store Settings, Layout tab, "Expand category navigation tree", and that there are subcategories for the given category, for there to be children coded in the HTML.

template file element.navigation_tree.php

<li class="has-sub-cbd">
   <a class="vertical-navigation-box-link-cbd" href="{$BRANCH.url}" title="{$BRANCH.name}">{$BRANCH.name}</a>
   {if isset($BRANCH.children)}
   <ul class="vnb-sub-cbd">
      <li itemprop="name" class="vnb-sub-title-cbd">{$BRANCH.name}</li>
      {$BRANCH.children}
   </ul>
   {/if}
</li>

When I say yes to expand navigation tree in store settings I get this over top my menu:

vmthrucc.thumb.PNG.6cc92607e6007942d5b1167f2a96b772.PNG

I have it setup with my own files to do what I want, but I wanted to set it up thru Cubecart.  Now every time I add a category, or child, I have to do it manually. I add such a varity of items I'm always adding or changing categories.

More Info:  The categories to the left in the image above are what shows using Cubecart with the expand categories store setting at no. I'm not using my files at all.

The image above suggests that the javascript that initially hides the child <ul> flyout isn't getting executed. Where is this javascript located?

There may be a problem where the browser renders the entire list structure, but only then will the javascript be executed to hide all of the <ul class=".vnb-sub-cbd"> tags.

This is the script I use for my files.  One of the questions I have is where do I put it in the CubeCart files?

<script>
    });
    </script>

Try this. Place the four lines of jacascript (do not include the <script> tags) in the skin's file 2.cubecart.js (if your skin has that file).

Find near lines 2-3:

var validation_ini = {};
jQuery(document).ready(function() {

Add after:

});