Is this possible? Create a Test store in folder

foz1234

Due to SemperFIWebServices no longer being around and supporting my plugins, my CC is pretty much stuck on 6.2.5 and PHP 7.2

Just wondering if I can create a new temporary CC store in say https://mydomain/test folder, then upload a back from my main store, no need for customer details, I just want to see at what point/CC version my plugins break if indeed they do, trying to avoid killing my online store and needing to restore it. 

SemperFIWebServices plugin's currently running:

SFWS Custom Foundation 5 Skin V3.3.0

SFWS Special Content Boxes V4.1.0

SFWS Homepage Featured Products V4.0.0

Site Messages v4.0.0

Asking to assess if this will actually work?

Your thoughts appreciated. 

50 minutes ago, foz1234 said:

Due to SemperFIWebServices no longer being around and supporting my plugins, my CC is pretty much stuck on 6.2.5 and PHP 7.2

Just wondering if I can create a new temporary CC store in say https://mydomain/test folder, then upload a back from my main store, no need for customer details, I just want to see at what point/CC version my plugins break if indeed they do, trying to avoid killing my online store and needing to restore it. 

SemperFIWebServices plugin's currently running:

SFWS Custom Foundation 5 Skin V3.3.0

SFWS Special Content Boxes V4.1.0

SFWS Homepage Featured Products V4.0.0

Site Messages v4.0.0

Asking to assess if this will actually work?

Your thoughts appreciated. 

Absolutely you can. Are the plugins encoded? If so then you are stuck. If not the code can be updated to work with PHP8.

My next step if the test site didn't work was to contact you Al about a quote to see what you would charge me. In all honesty its a small store that I don't sell a lot from 99% of my business is done from eBay nowadays its just a point of contact for my customers for info etc so not sure if its worth the price to update however it's already out of date and each day goes by it further out so if I update it should last a few more years I expect. 

Would you please pm me what you would need from me to provide for a quote to update my store, that is if you still offer that service. Cheers.