UNABLE TO LOGIN AFTER UPGRADE

i upgraded my site to 6.5.5 and it erased all my pictures and i cannot login to my account. i dont know what the account admin is to get to the login screen. is there a way to get my pics back? how do i find the admin screen to log in?

Using a programmer's text editor, edit the file /includes/global.inc.php.

Find the lines that are currently something like:

$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin_aBcDeF.php';
$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin_tUvWxY';

And change to:

$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin.php';
$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin';

Save.

Then, you must actually change the admin script file name and the admin folder name to match.

Posted (edited)

i got it to work but i cannot get the password to work. i tried to get a new password and it accepted the new password but then when i try to login it wont accept the new password.

Edited by slic535

Try doing both of these two things:

1. Clear CubeCart's Cache:  www.yoursite.com/index.php?debug-cache-clear=true

2. Delete browser cookies: try to delete only those cookies that pertain to your site.

Posted (edited)

ok it worked and i got in but when i did the update it also erased the amount that people payed for their items. it retained their names but not what they ordered. then i logged out and it gave me a 404 error again. i check the files and the files seem to have deleted themselves. i no longer have an admin folder or admin file. i am going to download the newest update. can i get the admin file from the update and reload it? also when i do an update to the newest update do i need to go through all the past updates or can i just update the newest files?

Edited by slic535

"Can i get the admin file from the update and reload it?"

Yes.

"When i do an update to the newest update do i need to go through all the past updates or can i just update the newest files?"

The newest files.

• Like 1