3.0 tol 3.01 upgrade

Guest scotty1234

Guest scotty1234

Hi,

When I uploaded the files and then went to click the upgrade link i got the following message:

MySQL Error Occured

1060: Duplicate column name 'stockUpdated'

QUERY = ALTER TABLE `CubeCart_order_inv` ADD `stockUpdated` INT DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;

Thanks for 3.01 love cc3

Quick question though.

I have skinned my store as well as made mods to the index.tpl and cart.tpl with reference to spacing width positions etc.

Will the upgrade overwrite these and if so how do I save them

Firesales Australia

Guest Earth Bizz

I compared those 2 files in "File Merge" with the same 2 files in 3.00 .. they are exactly the same. (At least in the Classic Skin)

So if you still have your modified ones .. just upload them over the top of the 3.01 ones.

:w00t:

PS .. the text for the "Welcome Guest" and "Login" in the header are barely readable .. maybe you could try changing it to black (bold)... (in layout.css) but theres a few light and dark colours in the image .. so I don't know.

I compared those 2 files in "File Merge" with the same 2 files in 3.00 .. they are exactly the same.

Is that a yes or a no?

I've invested many hours in this site - and am now tediously populating the inventory so I need unequioval assurance that I am not going to lose it all.

http://www.wendycostastudio.com/store/

Yes or no, please?

Guest Earth Bizz

Well I can't give a guarantee .. but of all the changes and fixes in 3.01 ..I don't think any had anything to do with design and layout. The two files mentioned above (index.tpl and cart.tpl) are 100% identical in the two versions... I can guarantee that at least. (plus those two files dont affect anything in your database anyway)

The simple solution is just to back up those two files (from 3.01) .. upload your old modified ones (from 3.00) and see if everything is ok.

The whole experiment will only take a few minutes.

If everything is NOT OK .. just re upload those 2 files from 3.01 you backed up.

Then come back here and tell me I'm a great twit ... :w00t:

when you skin or mod a existing skin you should save it in a new folder in the Skins Directory like if you mod the Killer skin make a new folder called Killer2 or whatever

and stick all the files including the ones you have modded and not modded into the new Killer2 folder

this way if updates come out and you have modded an existing skin YOUR CHANGES WONT BE OVER WRITTEN when you upload all the all the files in the upload folder in the new version because the new version WONT HAVE YOUR Named skin folder...

CC3 is a smart chappie any Folders in the skins folder will show up as skin choices in the drop down skin changer in general settings...

So If youve made a skin based off Killer and called the new folder Killer2 and uploaded that folder to the skins/ directory you will now have a Killer2 choice in site settings

amazing huh?!

Kinetic

Thanks guys especially kinetic. MAkes sense, I wondered about that.

Thanks guys. BTW anyone know why firefix kills the layout in the view category page whn you have several sub cats.