CubeCart 4 : new version planned released date ?

Guest Mister Paul

Guest Mister Paul

Hello,

I have seen that the 4th version of CuberCart was already betatested… so I am wondering when this new version is planned to be released if everything is OK… B)

If you know, thank you to inform me : perhaps I can wait some time, avoid modifying the version 3 code for a new production and use the 4th version directly… :P

Thank you for your infos !

Paul

Actually, beta testing hasn't even begun yet. A beta version is supposed to be ready in another couple of weeks, and then it may be another month or so before it gets to the next step.

If you want a store operational within the next month or so, build it with the current version.

There has not been an official Alpha release yet. The Alpha team is a VERY SMALL group of highly skilled coders with a LOT of CubeCart experience. Things are still being tweaked daily in preparation of the Alpha/Beta releases. I'm not sure exactly how many people are on the Beta team, but the ones I know about are also very competent and will help fine tune the Gold release to be the best CubeCart has to offer.

B)

Guest Mister Paul

Thank you for your replies :P

Is there a way to download any pre-alpha release ?

Just to know what should be the major improvements ?

B)

Guest Brivtech

Thank you for your replies B)

Is there a way to download any pre-alpha release ?

Erm, you don't get pre-alpha, alpha is already at the beginning.

Beta is what happens next, and in this case, the beta team need to meet a specific criteria, rather than just being people who have an interest in what's happening because of their stores.

After that, the final release will be made available.

CubeCart 3.1 (Which you are referring to as te fourth version) is intended as an added value package with more features, but consequently, will not be a free version, like the existing cubecart 3.0.x is. Yes, I know there's a copyright removal licensing fee with 3.0.x, but 3.1 wants the money to cover the additional features and work.

Personally, I think this number versioning will prove very complicated in the long run, and that version 3.0 should be given a name (with version numbers after), and version 3.1 should be given a different name. Like CubeCart Silver 1.2, and CubeCart Gold 2.7 for instance. But that's not my call.

Brivtech, no it really is CubeCart 4.0.0. Part way through the development process, it was realized that what was to be 3.1 was such a major rewrite of so many areas that it was indeed to be a new full major version. And from what I've seen of the code, the version designation is rightly warranted.

B)

Guest Brivtech

Brivtech, no it really is CubeCart 4.0.0. Part way through the development process, it was realized that what was to be 3.1 was such a major rewrite of so many areas that it was indeed to be a new full major version. And from what I've seen of the code, the version designation is rightly warranted.

:P

B)

Why Hey! I'm very pleased to hear that.

Amazing what you miss out on when you don't have proper internet access!

How easy will it be to upgrade a store from version 3 to 4?

And how might this affect third party mods?

Well, clearly, if the code has changed, the MODs will need to be re-programmed to fit the new code. Don't forget though, that CC 4 (YAY!) comes with quite a few mods now forming part of it's improved functionality.

I think there should be an official CubeCart 4 launch party! B)

I think there should be an official CubeCart 4 launch party! B)

I agree... I'm trying to get Al to buy me a ticket to fly over for it. B)

:P

Free champagne and caviar for all our customers. B)

Start looking for your passport Bill. 1st class do?

LOL! It's only a 4 hour drive for me :w00t:

20 mins from here... Although I don't fancy staggering home down the M11!