Page Titles (product)

huggettm

In the file, /includes/content/viewProd.inc.php, at about line 42, the SiteTitle is being created from the Store name and the product name. This appears in the browser's top blue header bar (if using Windows). If you don't see the product name in the top bar header, then you might not be on a page where you are viewing a product, or your product doesn't have a name (or that file has been modified).

no i still cant see why it does not automatically do it!

http://www.naughtycorsets.co.uk/store/inde...amp;productId=3

here is an exampe of one of the products if that helps?

it also does not pull in the site title, it seems to be set as 'naughty corsets', whereas the shop title is 'naughty corsets - sexy designer corsets'

does anyone know why this could be?

Somewhere along the way, the code got changed. I see that the Devellion Copyright notice is being displayed at the bottom - which means that probably you have not bought/installed a CubeCart license. Without a license, there must also be a (Powered by CubeCart) phrase included in the top bar header. You will need to contact your skin designer and have that person rectify that issue immediately.

You should double check your admin page, general settings. The "Browser Title" is what we are interested here, while "Store Name" is used elsewhere.

Somewhere along the way, the code got changed. I see that the Devellion Copyright notice is being displayed at the bottom - which means that probably you have not bought/installed a CubeCart license. Without a license, there must also be a (Powered by CubeCart) phrase included in the top bar header. You will need to contact your skin designer and have that person rectify that issue immediately.

You should double check your admin page, general settings. The "Browser Title" is what we are interested here, while "Store Name" is used elsewhere.

no, the browser title is not being displayed - its stays as 'Naughty Corsets'

can you tell me how to re-add the (powered by cubecart)?

Thanks

Obtain a standard CC package from the download area of this site if you don't have one already.

Open the file /index.php within that package in a text editor and locate the section that starts with:

// START META DATA

Bring your store's copy of that file to your computer (FTP probably) and open it in a text editor.

Copy the section from the stock file to replace the section in your store's file. Then put your store's file back on the server.

But that does not address any impact that the above will have on your skin. If your skin template has been hard-coded with custom information, having removed the template placeholders for the store's configuration data, then none of the above will make any difference.

Again, you may have to contact your skin designer.

Obtain a standard CC package from the download area of this site if you don't have one already.

Open the file /index.php within that package in a text editor and locate the section that starts with:

// START META DATA

Bring your store's copy of that file to your computer (FTP probably) and open it in a text editor.

Copy the section from the stock file to replace the section in your store's file. Then put your store's file back on the server.

But that does not address any impact that the above will have on your skin. If your skin template has been hard-coded with custom information, having removed the template placeholders for the store's configuration data, then none of the above will make any difference.

Again, you may have to contact your skin designer.

i have tried that but it does not work and i can not get hold of the skin designer. is there anywhere else it might be modified that i can look at? im at a bit of a loss so any help would be appreciated.

Mark,

Try asking over at CubeCartForums.org.

Euan

Its all good, have sorted the problem myself, all displays as it should now - was simply the title of the index.tpl in the skin, was set to 'Naughty Corsets' insetad of '{meta title}

Thankyou for your advice.