How to Have IN STOCK Items ONLY in Featured, Sale Items, Popular Boxes

Dirty Butter

Isn't there a setting for Hide Out-of-Stock Items in the Admin settings? (Not that I would know, but it only makes sense.)

Each item can be hidden individually, but there's no way to do it across the board in v5.0.6.

BUT I don't want to hide them from the catalog completely, only from the boxes and possibly the Latest Products. We run a free Lost Toy Search Service, so if we're out of stock we try to help people find it.

• 3 weeks later...

Basically you have to modifiy the SQL queries for those boxes to check if the product is using stock level and if so, is the stock level > 0. I've attached the modified files to make it easy (version 5.0.6). Both files should go in the "/classes" directory. I've tried the changes on a test store and I'm fairly sure I haven't broken anything.

If anyone needs to integrate this with other hacks, the changes are on the following lines:

Popular Products: gui.class.php, line 734

Random/Featured Product: gui.class.php, line 778

Sale Items: gui.class.php, line 854, line 879

Latest Products: cubecart.class.php, line 74

hack_boxes-in-stock.zip

Basically you have to modifiy the SQL queries for those boxes to check if the product is using stock level and if so, is the stock level > 0. I've attached the modified files to make it easy (version 5.0.6). Both files should go in the "/classes" directory. I've tried the changes on a test store and I'm fairly sure I haven't broken anything.

If anyone needs to integrate this with other hacks, the changes are on the following lines:

Thanks as always for the help, Viola! I'll have to try it tomorrow though, and I'll let you know how it goes.

It works beautifully!! I haven't had a chance to see if I've made any other mods to those files that I'll need to blend together, but for now it's working perfectly!! Do you do CC work for hire, Viola???

• 10 months later...