Kurouto not showing 100% in Firefox

Guest cdorling

Guest cdorling

Hallo, I did have a site using v4 but I've just upgraded to v5, choosing a clean install, so I'm basically starting afresh. I've chosen the Kurouto skin, which I believe is a skin that should fit the width of the page (I think thats called 100% width). Thats what happens when I look at both the test site using Kurouto, as well as when I looked at a site listed in a forum query. I used firefox to look at these, but when I use firefox to look at my own fledgling site the text looks rather large and goes off page to the right. In IE however, it fits perfectly. I have the same problem with other 100% width skins eg Mauris. This is where I am looking: http://www.healthandharmony.co.uk/store/index.php

I don't think it's my firefox settings, so I'd be really grateful if someone can help me out here, as I want a site that resizes in all browsers. Is there an admin setting I'm not finding?

(Also, if I may ask a 2nd sort of related question, I'd like to have the main colour a pale orange. There is an orange available, but to me it's more like brown. I managed to change colours in a v4 theme, but I've read about the lack of documentation though for v5, so is this a nono for a simple dabbler like me for now?)

Thanks, Chris

Hello cdorling!

In my industry, we call a "100% width page" a variable-width layout that expands to fit the width of the browser window, no matter the width.

All CC5 skins, including Kurouto at 1000px, are fixed width. CC5 does not currently have a variable width skin available (though I am working on a version of Killer).

Firefox has a View, Zoom feature. If you have been playing with this, try resetting it. Your site looks fine in my browser (FF8).

You can certainly load all the imagery in the color subfolder into a graphics editor and have at it.

Hallo, I did have a site using v4 but I've just upgraded to v5, choosing a clean install, so I'm basically starting afresh. I've chosen the Kurouto skin, which I believe is a skin that should fit the width of the page (I think thats called 100% width). Thats what happens when I look at both the test site using Kurouto, as well as when I looked at a site listed in a forum query. I used firefox to look at these, but when I use firefox to look at my own fledgling site the text looks rather large and goes off page to the right. In IE however, it fits perfectly. I have the same problem with other 100% width skins eg Mauris. This is where I am looking: http://www.healthandharmony.co.uk/store/index.php

I don't think it's my firefox settings, so I'd be really grateful if someone can help me out here, as I want a site that resizes in all browsers. Is there an admin setting I'm not finding?

(Also, if I may ask a 2nd sort of related question, I'd like to have the main colour a pale orange. There is an orange available, but to me it's more like brown. I managed to change colours in a v4 theme, but I've read about the lack of documentation though for v5, so is this a nono for a simple dabbler like me for now?)

Thanks, Chris

I played with the colors on my Kurouto without too much trouble, and I sure didn't know what I was doing.

I looked at your heathandharmony site from my FF, and it looked fine.

Guest cdorling

Thanks, both, I'm embarrassed to say that I do remember clicking the zoom button a couple of weeks back. I've reset it now, and it looks ok here, too :)

Kurouto, does look like it's 'variable-width' as it now fits my screen perfectly, whereas eg Vanilla still doesn't. But I've already proved I've a lot to learn!

'DB', I can see how you've tweaked the colours on your site, exactly the areas where I wanted to make changes, so I'll have a fiddle with the images under:-

CubeCart5\skins\kurouto\images\grey

Look forward to seeing your skins in due course, 'bsmither'

Thanks, both, I'm embarrassed to say that I do remember clicking the zoom button a couple of weeks back. I've reset it now, and it looks ok here, too :)

Kurouto, does look like it's 'variable-width' as it now fits my screen perfectly, whereas eg Vanilla still doesn't. But I've already proved I've a lot to learn!

'DB', I can see how you've tweaked the colours on your site, exactly the areas where I wanted to make changes, so I'll have a fiddle with the images under:-

CubeCart5\skins\kurouto\images\grey

Look forward to seeing your skins in due course, 'bsmither'

There are supposed to be ways to change the color numbers from the existing styles files. I didn't know how, so I ended up editing the images in Corel PaintShop Pro. Search for Viola's threads here. She explained it somewhere.

Guest cdorling

I had a look at Viola's thread, I think I'll use your way, DB!

This may now be the wrong thread to ask, but I'll give it a go:- is there a way to change the grey (red, blue etc) area on which the logo siteas I'd actually I'd like it to be plain white? It doesn't seem to be one of the images that I've found.

I had a look at Viola's thread, I think I'll use your way, DB!

This may now be the wrong thread to ask, but I'll give it a go:- is there a way to change the grey (red, blue etc) area on which the logo siteas I'd actually I'd like it to be plain white? It doesn't seem to be one of the images that I've found.

header_background_gradient.png is that image. You can find which image file to change by right clicking on the site spot and viewing background image and seeing its name in the url. Be sure you backup the default styles file before you fiddle with these.

• 3 months later...
Guest cdorling

Hallo, I know I originally posted this a few months ago, but I've just realised that, having changed my header_background_gradient.png my advanced search has disappeared onscreen (although it is still there as the cursor changes when I hover in that area). Is there a way to bring it back? Thanks

Guest cdorling

As before, many thanks DB, it's obvious once told! But whats not so obvious is where the change is made. I've spent a while looking for which page/image to change, but without success. Could you please give me a clue?

And also, my search button is very faint, I've tried recolouring the 'search button image' but it has no effect. Would you know where the word 'search' is saved, so that I could maybe change the colour of that too? If it helps here's my homepage:-

http://www.healthandharmony.co.uk/store/index.php

Try changing this on skins/styles/common.css

#account a, #header a {

color: #FFF;

display: inline-block;

font-weight: bold;

height: 36px;

padding-right: 1px;

text-decoration: underline;

}

and further down I think this is the button:

.button_submit, .main #submit {

background: transparent url(../images/common/button_generic.png) no-repeat;

border: 0px;

color: #191cf5;

cursor: pointer;

display: inline-block;

font-size: 12px;

font-weight: bold;

height: 31px;

line-height: 31px;

text-align: center;

text-shadow: #CFCFCF 2px 2px 2px;

width: 120px;

}

I'm not using Kurouto any more, so I'm guessing here. If I'm right adjusting the color of button_generic.png ought to fix it.

Guest cdorling

I've tried changing the colours for both of the places suggested (and in a few other places too), but with no resultant change on the site. So I ended up putting a bit of colour back into the background image.