Can I Do This?

Dirty Butter

I'm having the empty cart problem all of a sudden with our 5.0.6 store that was an upgrade from previous versions over the years. I've tested to be sure the problem is not in my skin by trying other skins, with the same empty cart situation occuring.

I also have a clean install v5.0.6 site. Can I delete all but the images, includes, cache, logs, and skin folders and copy all the clean install folders over to the upgraded site? Is there another folder I should leave alone?

I'm thinking that will get rid of all the mod codes that are still lingering in the upgraded files and perhaps keep me from having future problems as well. Since the clean install site does NOT have the empty cart problem I'm hoping this will fix it on both stores.

Well, I'm getting desperate, and I couldn't wait for an answer. So I decided to rename each folder one at a time and copy over the same folder from the clean install. After I did all that the empty cart problem is still there, even when I copied over the skins folder and used the skin I'm using on the good site. I did not copy the global.includes.php, sitemaps, robots, or .htaccess files, but I copied all the others and still it doesn't work. UGH!!

I'm hoping to find someone with this problem who:

* has CC5 installed on a very dedicated server with:

** direct access to the PHP installation (php.ini and error log)

** direct access to the MySQL server (query log and error log)

** direct access to the web server (i.e. Apache) (access log and error log)

* is able to install a network traffic monitor

* doesn't mind having diagnostic data spilled all over the page.