Resolved - Create sale item

Hornblower

Where or how do you create a 'sale' item? I am sure I have been through every option in the administration interface (5.0.7) but can't find where you mark item as a sale item or where you input marked down price. What have I missed!

Look on the Pricing tab on the Product Listing. One of the choices is to input a Sale Price. Be sure you have Sales Mode in Features on Store Settings set for Per-Product.

• 8 months later...

Dear all,

I tried all these, but when accessing: /index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=saleItems I get "

Sale Items

No products found."

I am working on a newly updated from V4 shop.

***UPDATE***

I've checked and Sale Price is set, Sales Mode is set to "Per-product" but no sale items are displayed (found by DB query)...

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Dear bsmither,

Thank you for your answer!

the product has to be enabled (not hidden)
- It is enabled!

has to be in stock
- stock is greater then zero!

Hide out-of-stock product = enabled

Allow out-of-stock purchases = disabled

All these came from the upgrade.

What I did is to set Allow out-of-stock purchases on enabled and Hide out-of-stock product on disabled, save them, refresh the page and... voila! Sale items are displayed!

And here comes the craziest part: After one refresh (and having them displayed) I have rolled back the last two settings (

as I have said, category + product = enabled, stock greater then zero) AND NOW IT WORKS!!!

Probably whatever post database upgrade procedure failed, or who knows? Now it works...

Cheers!