Difficulty with Product Type on Google Export

Dirty Butter

Has anyone else found that all their products don't populate in the new 5.1.0 product_type field? Most of the items I added in late 2011-lately did not show up, unless they had been more recently edited. The only way I could find to fix it was to open each item and save it again. I didn't have to do anything to it - just open, save, and move to the next item and repeat.

I tested it on our clean install v5 store that's been progressively updated to 5.1.0 and found the same thing.

Edit: Never mind the following. I had no idea what you were actually referencing. I do have a clue now.

===============

While we do not yet know the answer, it would help if we new the starting version of the store that had been progressively updated to 510.

The 'digital' column in the inventory table has been in existence since early CC3, and as of CC5beta1, this column has been:

TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

Could you elaborate on what it is exactly that you are not seeing that you believe you should? The tangible (what barely looks like an open-top box) or digital (dog-eared paper) product-type icon in the all-products listing? Or presumably (because I haven't found the code in the skin yet) the red X or green check in the add/edit product screen?

Sorry I didn't make it clear. I'll try again, The new Google Feed Export Catalog array includes product_type, which is the Category structure of each product, eg. Animals>Puffalump. It's seen under the Product Name title in Inventory. Old items created some time ago (no idea which update was in effect at that time) had the field correctly filled on exporting, but items added more recently did not - IF they had not been recently edited. ALL the items on Collectibles were created at v5.0.0 and few were edited since - so almost all were missing product_type in the Export file.

I fixed this issue by going through the edit process for each listing and fixed mine - not an ideal solution.

In case it's still relevant - Plush Animal Shoppe started as a v3 (don't know the version) shoppe, then to v4 with successive upgrades, then v5.0 and successfully upgraded to 5.1.0 - I did skip 5.0.9 upgrade. Collectible Shoppe started as v5.0 with upgrades sequence like Plush.

Unfortunately, no, it does not.

You've described a situation where CC5 is erratically not populating a data field, which is derived from the names of categories and the category path (current to ancestor).

The bug report would relate to a potential error message returned by Google that might say something like, "The syntax of this field uses an incorrect character: have », expecting >."

Would you please use phpMyAdmin (or some other utility) and answer the following questions:

1. Have you completely gone through all of your inventory, bringing them up for editing - even if no edits were done?

2. If no, please look at the table CubeCart_inventory. Do any records have nothing in the cat_id column?

3. Go to #1 but use any other CC5 shop you may have.

Interesting. In further looking at the code, I see that the routine that creates the category path could return a false response if the cat_id as recorded in the inventory record is not the same value (or no value) as what is recorded in the category_index table for that product. (See bug 157.)

I would have really liked to have compared the contents of the inventory table before and after you had brought an item up for editing. Oh well.

Sorry I didn't post until after I manually fixed it, but since no one had mentioned anything I figured it had to be something I had done wrong. But then I thought better of it and decided to ask here. Maybe this thread will encourage conversation if I'm not the only one with this issue.