Error Log Warning - Digital Only Shipping code

Dirty Butter

I'm getting this error message in the log. I do NOT have any digital download products.

Shipping not setup or allow no shipping not enabled in /home/dirtybut/public_html/plushcatalog/classes/cubecart.class.php on line 1415

Line 1415 in cubecart.class.php refers to digital downloads as far as I can tell.

trigger_error('Shipping not setup or allow no shipping not enabled', E_USER_WARNING);

And here it is in context:

if ($digital_only || $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'allow_no_shipping')) {

$GLOBALS['cart']->set('shipping', 0);

} else {

trigger_error('Shipping not setup or allow no shipping not enabled', E_USER_WARNING);

unset($GLOBALS['cart']->basket['shipping'],$GLOBALS['cart']->basket['min_shipping_set']); // past 5.0.9

}

I've not been in the habit of checking the error log, as I expected anything important to show up on the Dashboard. Thanks to checking it I found a security issue today that has now been addressed.

I'd like to get this error message dealt with. Does it give a clue to a bug or something I have caused?

In giving a cursory look-through of the code, I see no obvious errors.

The one key thing that may be blocking any shipping is that, for each respective shipping module you have enabled, you have also specifically mentioned some countries which are permitted for this module and/or some countries that are disallowed for this module. Should the delivery/billing country of the order match one of these settings, then this shipping module will be skipped.

If there are no enabled shipping modules remaining, then a test is made that if only digital products are in the cart, then that's okay. Or if you have specified in the store's general settings that not having an eligible shipping module available is permitted, then that's okay, too.

Otherwise, you will get this error. You probably won't see the error message in plain view, but rather the conspicuous absence of any shipping methods in the checkout pages.

Thanks for checking it out!

Allow No Shipping is NOT enabled. I have one Disabled Zone (Italy) in the USPS Shipping Module, my only shipping choice.

This error shows up if I do a test order to Alabama, USA, as well as showing up throughout the error log.

So is this a bug that I need to report?

Enable another shipping module. Disable USPS. See if that changes anything for the better.

If so, then we can look at the USPS module to see if the module's shipping calculator is broken, as well as specifically how the countries in dis/allowed zones are looked at.

I've tested it on 2 stores. I get the same error message results on BOTH.

Steps taken:

1 re-allowed Italy on USPS = error

2 disabled USPS enabled Flat Rate = no error

3 disallowed Italy with Flat Rate = no error

4 disabled Flat Rate and re-enabled USPS without disallowing Italy = NO ERROR

5 disallowing Italy again on USPS = NO ERROR

Apparently something about disabling and re-enabling USPS got rid of the error.

I brought this up initially, not because I was having any order problems, but because other people were having digital download issues. I was hoping finding the cause of this error would give a clue as to what was involved with the digital issues.