Product pictures overflowing into product descritption

Guest AlanGalbraith

Guest AlanGalbraith

Having a problem when I add more than 5 images to a product in that they overflow into the product description box. Is there a solution to this, other than using fewer than 5 images?

is there a way to make the images flow into 2 colums? Or will I just need to CLEAR the Product description DIV and have it push down in the layout if using lots of photos?

You could try to adjust the CSS sizing and float status of the extra thumbnail images.

What skin is this?

That's the problem with fixed-width skins. You have a fixed layout that can only grow in height - most of the time.

Let's start with common.css for the Kurouto skin:

#gallery is fixed at 360px wide. This could actually bleed over into the product_detail block.

Within #gallery, there is div.image, which is the main image at 270px wide.

Right after that, #gallery_select { float: left; text-align: center; width: 60px; }

This is where the side images are stacked. The first thing that needs changing is to make this 125px wide.

Within #gallery_select, there is #gallery_select > a { display: block; margin-bottom: 2px; }

And here is the second thing that needs changing: change display: block to inline. Doing this should cause the images to flow left-to-right within its container, breaking to the next line when necessary.

I don't have inventory or images installed to try this, but I image that since 270+125 is greater than the 360px wide gallery, some more thought may have to go into this.