Resolved - Product code

Ben224

Hi,

Is there an admin route to switch off the product code visibility from appearing on the front end of the store?

Products codes are really essential so I wouldn't want to loose the functionality completely but they mean very little to my potential customers visiting the shop and I feel they just clutter up the space. Apologies in advance developers, there is probably a really valid reason for having them at the front end but I personally could live without them.

Other than hiding them with CSS is there a switch off button I'm missing somewhere?

Many thanks

Thanks for trying.

Not difficult - but I checked the markup and the p tag the holds the product code doesn't have a class name or id to target it with. I can go into the file that generates the code for the product code and give the p tag an inline style to switch it off. Do you know which file generates the product code?

Thanks

Please examine the file /skins/your_skin/templates/content.product.php

This file draws the View Product page. There are other files that draw other parts of the whole storefront, some of which show the product code.

You will be looking for this:

<p><strong>{$LANG.catalogue.product_code}</strong>: {$PRODUCT.product_code}</p>

or some variation thereof. This is display info only so you should be able to delete the entire paragraph with no ill effects.