save button does not work

Guest buhebutler

Guest buhebutler

hi,

the save button the order status edit page doest not work, I used different browsers and no matter what I use, it does not work, please advise.

Guest dgsmra

I am having the same problem with the save button. It seems to only be a problem when trying to make changes to orders.

I'm also having a problem where the items ordered disappear from all orders (the amount ordered and $ amounts are all there, just not the items ordered). I noticed it yesterday and manually added the items back into the pending and processing orders. This morning the items are all gone again. I should note that I was able to use the save button yesterday when I updated the orders, but this morning it is not working. I haven't made any changes to my store, so it's strange that the save button suddenly doesn't work.

I noticed these problems after upgrading to 5.1.3. My error log is clear and debugging shows no errors.

Guest buhebutler

I am having the same problem with the save button. It seems to only be a problem when trying to make changes to orders.

I'm also having a problem where the items ordered disappear from all orders (the amount ordered and $ amounts are all there, just not the items ordered). I noticed it yesterday and manually added the items back into the pending and processing orders. This morning the items are all gone again. I should note that I was able to use the save button yesterday when I updated the orders, but this morning it is not working. I haven't made any changes to my store, so it's strange that the save button suddenly doesn't work.

I noticed these problems after upgrading to 5.1.3. My error log is clear and debugging shows no errors.

glad we have got the same problem.

I can't reproduce it. What did you upgrade from? Were you having any unrelated problems before upgrading?

@dgsmra Have you checked the actual database to see what information is being saved there before and after you close your browser?

i think no, it happened when I upgraded, it is really strange since at some point it works but most of the time it does not work.

Guest dgsmra

I didn't mean to hijack this thread with my other problem. Sorry about that!

The save button issue is the same for me. Works sometimes, more often than not it doesn't work. I skipped the 5.1.2 upgrade and went straight to 5.1.3.

Dirty Butter, what should I be looking for in the DB tables? The order tables look fine to me, all the information appears to be saved, but I may not be looking at the right table.

Use the product code for one of the oddly behaving items and do a search on the whole database as an expression. Then you can look at all the places it shows up. See if it shows up in I think the crucial one for your problem is order_inventory, but that may not be the only one.

Would you please try this experiment? We will be editing two files.

1.adminsourcesdashboard.index.inc.php

Near the bottom, find:

$system    = array(

'cc_version'    => CC_VERSION,

'cc_build'        => null,

'php_version'    => PHP_VERSION,

'mysql_version'    => $GLOBALS['db']->serverVersion(),

'server'        => $_SERVER['SERVER_SOFTWARE'],

'client'        => $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],

'dir_images'    => dirsize(CC_ROOT_DIR.CC_DS.'images', $tmp1),

'dir_files'        => dirsize(CC_ROOT_DIR.CC_DS.'files', $tmp2),

);

After the line with 'mysql_version', add:

'mysql_mode'    => $GLOBALS['db']->misc('SELECT @@sql_mode;'),

2. adminskinsdefaulttemplatesdashboard.index.php

Near the bottom, find:

<dt>{$LANG.dashboard.tech_version_mysql}</dt>

<dd>{$SYS.mysql_version}</dd>

Change it to:

<dt>{$LANG.dashboard.tech_version_mysql}</dt>

<dd>{$SYS.mysql_version}<br />{$SYS.mysql_mode[0]['@@sql_mode']}</dd>

Then, in the admin screen, Dashboard (the screen with sales graph), Store Overview tab, view the MySQL Version. Determine if there is a line that includes the phrase, "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES".

If so, then there will be some odd behaviors happening in CubeCart at times. The reason is that the database engine will not allow records to be posted that have non-conforming data. For example:

COLUMN 'customer_id' INT DEFAULT NULL

Yet, there may be times when CC will send UPDATE table `customer_id` = '';

This is a zero-length string and a database in strict mode will not accept a zero-length string for an integer column.

MySQL set the installation of the database to default to strict mode as of a certain version. CubeCart, since Day-1, has always been programmed under the assumption that the database is not in strict mode.

Guest dgsmra

I was able to make the changes to the two admin files sooner than I though. I don't have any reference to strict mode in the Store Overview tab. All of the orders, except those placed today are missing the items ordered. All orders going back to when we opened our shop over a year ago. The $ amounts are still there, just not the items. We haven't had this problem until we updated to 5.1.3. This makes the save button issue even worse, because we can't update the items on orders before we print invoices.

Ok, so there is no "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES" seen below the MySQL version.

That eliminates a number of possible problems.

How familiar are you with phpMyAdmin (or some other utility) that allows you to query the database outside of CubeCart?

Guest dgsmra

I don't have a lot of experience with phpMyAdmin, but I'm sure I could follow some directions. I've used it to inspect the records, but I've never performed any queries.

We just need to see in the CubeCart_order_inventory table if there are any records that have the order_id of an order that seems to be missing the items.

But by missing the items... When reviewing an order, there is a listing of the items purchased. Each line in the list is supposed to have details about that product: name, quantity, price each, total (each x quantity).

Are you saying that the list is there and you see the line item prices, but no names?

Or are you saying there is no list at all? Only the order's grand total, taxes, shipping, etc?

Guest dgsmra

Ok, there's definitely something funky going on. When I check phpMyAdmin, I have duplicates of all of the tables, which I assume is due to the the way I updated from CubeCart 4 to 5 in late June. The order numbers confirm that. The newer version of CubeCart_order_inventory only has the records from the orders that were placed today, so the records between the date we updated to 5 and today are missing.

When reviewing an order, the listing of items (quantity, prices, etc.) is missing. Only the subtotal, grand total, taxes, etc. are still present.

Guest dgsmra

Quick update. The save button works when I manually update the missing items. Once the items are put back into the order, I have no problems. I also think the items go missing after I backup the database using the backup tool on the maintenance page.

You said, "I have duplicates of all of the tables... The newer version of CubeCart_order_inventory..."

Just to be clear in my mind, you are saying that you actually have two distinct tables, both named CubeCart_order_inventory? I can't see how that's possible - having two tables with the same name. As much as I know about MySQL datafile structure, that can't happen. (If you had duplicated records in the one and only table, I can see that happening.)

On the set of CubeCart tables, do you, perhaps, have a prefix that you've failed to mention?

Guest dgsmra

bsmither, when I check the CubeCart_order_inventory table using the correct prefix, there are only records for the orders I have received since the last database backup. In those records, all data are present and correct. The last CubeCart_order_inventory table from the last database backup contains all order records except those since the backup (obviously). All data are present and correct in that backup table for all orders.

Guest dgsmra

I think you're right. If there is a way to merge the two tables, I'd have all of the data back. I don't know about the upgrade creating two prefixes. I ran the upgrade on my CubeCart 4 database and assumed it did what it was supposed to do. I also don't understand why the backup would remove records from the table. I didn't have this problem until i upgraded to 5.1.3 a few days ago.

A little searching shows there is such a thing as MERGE.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/merge-storage-engine.html

If I'm getting the gist of it right, CC Support should be able to fix this for you. But to keep from burning another support ticket, get help with WHY it happened and how to keep it from happening again, too.

Guest bestnav

I also have the same problem.

It also started after the upgrade of 5.1.1 to 5.1.3. I did the backup before the upgrade.

Now in most my orders there are no items, no quantities, only the price info.

How can I restore this info (without losing the new order info)?

bestnav, please submit a support ticket with Store Admin, FTP & Hosting Panel access info so we can get to PHPMyAdmin. If you have the backup, I believe Alistair can get it fixed for you.

:w00t: