can't add manual orders

Ms Holly

Today I can not add manual orders. I haven't made any changes since I last added an order manually. Anyt houghts as to what it might be I am on 5.1.1

When I try to add a customer or product from the drop down it gets stuck and wont add the details.

Thanks

Holly

Manual order building was one of the things repaired in the last two updates (5.1.2 & 5.1.3); 5.1.1 was known to have that issue, so there won't be any given fix aside from updating.

Edit: Looks like people are having problems with 5.1.3 (surprise). If you don't need to use the manual order building, I'd recommend holding off on upgrading until the kinks have been ironed out.

They did a major overhaul of that whole section, BUT the current 5.1.3 has a new javascript version that's causing all kinds of problems. The apparent fix has been offered here by Bsmither and Sir William. Waiting a few days for a sift out of this issue would probably be advisable if possible.

I had a mess today because of the jquery issue in 5.1.3. After I used the fix they've provided I could not edit the new customer's information - save buttons did nothing - couldn't create the Inventory, either - same problem.

What I finally ended up doing was going back to one of my own OLD test orders and editing it with this new customer's information, inventory, etc. AND it WORKED. I realize you're not on 5.1.3, but as a temporary work around maybe this would work for you. Based on that. I'd guess it has something to do with the customer creation process, rather than the inventory aspect.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sarahmotes

Manual order entry is nuts for me. Orders appear to be entering, but they are not saved, and they don't show up. I tried a workaround by editing an old order as someone suggested, but it saved one item and then started returning "order did not update" error messages. now it won't update or calculate totals. I checked on the js1 fix, and my common.html file already requests the 1.7 version, so that bug fix isn't fixing it. Really, really frustrating.

Welcome sarahmotes! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

"Failed to update order" happens when both of:

* The Order Summary database record failed to update, and

* An order 'status' code or the Order Number is missing when processing a change to the order status, or

* There was actually no change to the status of the order after editing (which I think is wrong)

So, I think there was a problem with updating the Order Summary database record. How could that happen?

(Assuming your database operational mode is not in STRICT mode - which, if it were, you would see a great many other malfunctions) The best guess is that a piece of data is being given to the database that is incompatible with the kind of data it is expecting. The likely candidates are any money figure that is not looking perfectly like a raw number (such as having dollar signs) or entering a Dispatch date that cannot be guessed at what the date actually is (such as 'Three days from now.'). And MySQL isn't that smart about guessing dates. The date must be in the yyyy-mm-dd format if you are going to enter anything at all (but there should be a pop-up calendar).