Null items on order inventory

Big Spender

I have read the various other threads on this.

I have an order which has one product included on the order but then also 4 x null products £0.00

I have checked the order inventory on the database and it shows blank data.

See screenshots.

I asked CubeCart who told me to upgrade as I am currently running 5.1.1 (I wasn't confident at all in upgrading yet after seeing all the problems with 5.1.2-5.1.3, etc) I noticed that 5.1.4 includes a fix for ''to prevent possible loss of order inventory data in order class function "_updateOrder"

Do you think it's safe to upgrade? and if so what are the chances of this actually fixing my problem?

I do not know how CC511 managed to get an "empty" item into the shopping cart, and then proceed to checkout. A lot of things should have blown up or, at least, been dropped from the basket at some point in time.

That fact that it made it to the CC_order_inventory table would cause me to find out why, were it not for the fact that CC514 (with it's own problems) is what I am working with now.

Updating to CC514 does not sequence the code through prior versions. Updating to CC514 replaces whatever you have with the complete code package of CC514, then runs through a series of database manipulations and database content edits. At no time will your store suffer the slings and arrows of the intermediate versions. Make a backup.

Having made the update to the code may provide for the inability for this to occur from that point forward. But it won't fix what has already been databased.

You may, if you wish, simply delete that record from the CC_order_inventory table. It won't affect anything else.

And you mention having read other conversations about this. Would you care to list the post numbers?

Ok, on reflection then would you say the best solution would be to upgrade straight to 5.1.4, then make the skin changes from the changelog thru 5.1.2, 5.1.2.1, 5.1.3 to 5.1.4 for my custom skin?

The other threads I read were actually related to 5.1.3, 5.1.4, etc and were for no items at all displaying: http://forums.cubecart.com/topic/46165-not-resolved-only-latest-order-witll-show-items-in-the-order/