Support Tickets

Dirty Butter

What I really, really don't get is why people come here to complain but don't come submit tickets with their issues.

Sir William - all of us are reluctant to use our Support Tickets - so we come here and to the 3rd party forum, hoping for help that does not cost us money - considering how much we've already spent. That shouldn't be so surprising.

I do agree that it's unrealistic to expect CC to work perfectly in every possible environment - look at the recent mess Apple made of their new maps program!

Guest danniboy

I find that to be a very surprising comment from a developer. My issue is not environmental as during the upgrade process I can see my product images are copied over from the uploads directory to the source directory and then as the upgrade proceeds they are deleted both from the server and the database. It appears this is something to do with the image management rebuilb process and therefore a software programming issue.

Dirty Butter, as for using support credits, we will always refund credits if what's wrong is caused by a bug in the software and asked about such. And when I do it, I usually refund double just because we like to take care of our customers. The incredible majority of our customers never run out of credits because they don't have that many problems and we do what we can to resolve their issues when they have them.

Danniboy, I've not seen the same behavior but am certainly willing to explore the issue.

I don't think anyone has ever said anything about support credits being refunded if it turned out to be a CC issue. It would be great Customer Service PR if the credit refund was made without the customer having to ask for it - and this policy was plainly stated on the forums and on the support page. People might be more willing to submit a ticket, rather than complain here.

I just talked to Al and we'll make the refund issue more prominent so more people are aware. Also, on your main Dashboard page at https://cp.cubecart.com/ it lists how many credits you have. :D

:w00t:

I don't think anyone has ever said anything about support credits being refunded if it turned out to be a CC issue. It would be great Customer Service PR if the credit refund was made without the customer having to ask for it - and this policy was plainly stated on the forums and on the support page. People might be more willing to submit a ticket, rather than complain here.

Considering how long I have been around and working with CubeCart, I have also never heard of this or personally seen it in action either - maybe it has happened without my knowledge. Whilst it isnt ever likely to be an issue for our company (try as hard as we do to log support ticket to keep Bill and Milos busy - we dont want them getting bored now do we :innocent: - the number of support credits we get with licence purchases for clients easily exceeds the number we use especially as we answer / fix most queries from our clients before it gets that far) I can see that this would be much more important to somebody just starting out and the CubeCart team should make much more of this as it is actually a great selling point and would help identify and fix actual bugs.

Ian

You hit it on the head for your case Ian. You have more credits than you'll ever appreciably use, so we haven't worried about it. But for somebody with single digits of tickets left, it could be a big deal. We've also lowered the price of additional tickets to make it easier for people who want/need more. But like I said, very few people run out and need to buy more.

:w00t: