Versalife....

Guest adrian

Hi guys!

Ive been using this software on and off ever since it began, I've an odd issue where in version 5 i can not seem to get rid of the VersaLife Corp tag , Been right though the system putting my own company name in , Force refresh webpages still show the VersaLife.

Is this a limitation of the Free version?

Had a quick look here on the forums and did not find anything relating to this.

Many Thanks :)

Doesn't VersaLife refer to an evil company in the Deus Ex game? Was the game perhaps open while installing CC? Since no one else has mentioned this, is it possible you have a hacked install?? Please create your signature, so someone who might be able to help won't waste time asking about your setup.

During install, a random pick from 60 fictitious companies is used to give the store a semblance of ownership. This is not a limitation of the "free" version.

Try Maintenance, Rebuild tab, Clear cache (all cache boxes). Although, making such changes should clear the cache automatically.

Also, Store Settings, Advanced tab, Performance group, Disable Cache while you are building your store. Once it goes live, then you can enable cache. This may stop some weirdness about some changes seeming to not take effect.

So sorry >_< Signature now added!

No idea about the game, never heard of it.

Hacked version?!?!? nope downloaded it direct from cubecart as the limited free version

I did a google and found a number of sites running cube cart with the same title in the heading , Im running on a MacPro with OS X.8.2 installed

Don't crash the database.

Instead, FTP to the site, look in the /cache/ and /cache/skins/ folders, and delete all but .htaccess.

If the changes to the store settings don't stay as they were set, we will look elsewhere.

The settings do stick, right? You change the store name to "Adrian's Redoubt" and it stays that way, but the storefront still says VersaLife?

Ah Darn! Dirty Butter worried me about the "hacked stuff" so i redownloaded the software from cubecart and redone the database with a mad password!

Just uploading the cubecart folder now, and will go though a clean install

But thanks for the help bsmither if it happens again ill put into action your advice :)

Ok after clean install ( deleted entire shop folder and database , Downloaded fresh cubecart from official source ) and it still shows the made up name ( this time its touchwood )

Yes i can set in general and advanced my preferred name and it remains there in Admin control , but store side the title remains the made up name O.o

I was originally a beta tester for this ( spent too many late hours speaking and coding away with brockly(think that was his name )) , But this is getting me beat ... almost as if something maybe is not CHMOD correctly

>.<

Ok i feel stupid!!!

Admin CP --> Store Settings --> SEARCH ENGINES --> BROWSER TITLE

Sorted!