Resolved - email notifications

salvador21

I have just upgraded to v5 and am missing the email notifications I used to get in v4:

specifically:

• Notifications for pending orders.
  • Notifications for orders completed.

All I get now are processing orders. (New Order)

Is there somewhere to enable these notifications please?

Also I would like to know how to get the product code in the New Order notification, is this possible like in v4?

"missing the email notifications I used to get"

"I" from an admin point of view, or as the customer?

CC515 does not send an email to the customer when the order goes to Pending (although a number of admins want this, and there is a hack over on the other forums that does this).

CC5 will send to the admin(s) an email when the order goes to Pending or Processing (Store Settings, Features tab, Misc group). In addition, each Administrator must have "Receive order notifications" enabled. But there will be an email sent to the default store's email address.

For an order to go to Complete status, the admin must move the order to that status when the order is shipped. So I think there's no point in an email for that. You may have other needs. But an email should be sent to the customer.

In Email Templates, click on the desired flag of Admin: Order Received, HTML Content tab, then add ({$product.product_id}) after {$product.name} in the Item table column. Do the same for the Plain Text Content tab as well. Click Save.

"missing the email notifications I used to get"

"I" from an admin point of view, or as the customer?

Yes, I as an admin

CC515 does not send an email to the customer when the order goes to Pending (although a number of admins want this, and there is a hack over on the other forums that does this).

Not a problem, I just want it to go to me, not necessarily the customer

CC5 will send to the admin(s) an email when the order goes to Pending or Processing (Store Settings, Features tab, Misc group). In addition, each Administrator must have "Receive order notifications" enabled. But there will be an email sent to the default store's email address.

This is also a problem. I don't want pending or processing, I just want both as I had before v5

For an order to go to Complete status, the admin must move the order to that status when the order is shipped. So I think there's no point in an email for that. You may have other needs. But an email should be sent to the customer.

I do see a point in an email for that (as before with v4), it's useful to know via email when a digital sale has been made. Currently there is no notification for digital sales. At least, I don't get any (like I used to with v4)

In Email Templates, click on the desired flag of Admin: Order Received, HTML Content tab, then add ({$product.product_id}) after {$product.name} in the Item table column. Do the same for the Plain Text Content tab as well. Click Save.

Thanks, that looks very useful, though it might be {$product.product_code} as that is what is in the list of macros.

So far it seems one step forward, one step back due to the missing email notifications in v5

I wanted a copy of the Order Complete email, so this thread might help you:

http://forums.cubeca...nd +copy +email

Thanks, but that looked a bit complicated fo me. I was wondering if there was an easy way to get what was happening in v4, ie notifications of pending, processing and order complete.

If you are comfortable with editing a file (use a programmer's text editor, Notepad++ or MacVim), in the file /classes/order.class.php, line 213, remove just this part:

$GLOBALS['config']->get('config','admin_notify_status')=="1" &&

Line 391, remove just this part:

$GLOBALS['config']->get('config','admin_notify_status')=="2" &&

This will get you Pending and Processing regardless of the setting in the admin screen.

You (admin) should get some kind of an email on a digital sale. I don't see why you wouldn't.

If you are comfortable with editing a file (use a programmer's text editor, Notepad++ or MacVim), in the file /classes/order.class.php, line 213, remove just this part:

$GLOBALS['config']->get('config','admin_notify_status')=="1" &&

Line 391, remove just this part:

$GLOBALS['config']->get('config','admin_notify_status')=="2" &&

This will get you Pending and Processing regardless of the setting in the admin screen.

You (admin) should get some kind of an email on a digital sale. I don't see why you wouldn't.

many thanks, I'll try that modification.

I find the pending emails useful, if someone didn't complete a sale I reply the next day to the pending email to remind them to complete it. This has resulted in sales that would I think otherwise have been missed.

Yes, I do get the digital sale notifications, I was wrong about that.

Tried this, it isn't working either for {$product.product_id} or {$product.product_code}

Hmm.. I have product code showing in my Order Received email

{$product.name} {$product.product_code}

{$product.product_options}

Aha, I found the problem.

I needed to click on the US flag not the UK flag.

I found the store settings is set to US English by default, have changed that so hopefully all will be fine.