Resolved - X'd out Document Still Shows in Sitemap

Dirty Butter

I have a test document that I do not want to use currently, so it is x'd out and not set to be hidden, either. But I discovered via Google Webmaster Tools that it is still showing up in the Sitemap. This appears to be a bug, but as buggy as the reporting system has been of late - and the fact that they don't seem to be resolving anything that's reported to them - I wonder if anyone can suggest a solution to this issue.

I've tested, and this happens in the stock 5.1.5 store, as well as the Fusion 5.1.4 store.

In the file /classes/seo.class.php, near line 650, find:

$queryArray = array(

'category' => $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_category', array('cat_id'), array('status' => '1')),

'product' => $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_inventory', array('product_id', 'updated'), array('status' => '1')),

'document' => $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_documents', array('doc_id'), array('doc_parent_id' => '0')),

);

Replace the 'document' statement with this:

'document' => $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_documents', array('doc_id'), array('doc_parent_id' => '0', 'status' => '1')),

The parameter 'doc_parent_id' => '0' means there will not be included any document that rightfully belongs as a child of another document. I haven't studied how that relationship happens.

While I was waiting for you to have time to reply I tried 2 different changes, rebuilding sitemap each time and then checking to see if the x'd out document showed up - which it did both times.

I tried

'document' => $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_documents', array('doc_id'),array('doc_parent_id' => '0', array('status' => '1')),

and

'document' => $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_documents', array('doc_id'), array('status' => '1')),

The first trial won't work. It's not configured correctly.

The second trial should have included any document as long as its Status has the green check.

Please view the CC_documents table directly and determine if the document you do not want included has status set to anything other than 1.

And by "showed up", let's make sure the sitemap.xml file has the correct or incorrect info. Let's eliminate checking with Google as a variable in these experiments.

Here's the whole section as it stands now:

$queryArray = array(

'category' => $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_category', array('cat_id'), array('status' => '1')),

'product' => $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_inventory', array('product_id', 'updated'), array('status' => '1')),

'document' => $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_documents', array('doc_id'), array('status' => '1')),

);

I did it the way you said to, didn't I?

One more test.

In the file /classes/seo.class.php at around line 685, find:

//Ping Google

Four lines down, change $request->send(); to //$request->send(); This stops the experiment from getting sent to Google. We will restore it after the experiment.

Momentarily switch the store to turn off SEO mode.

Create a sitemap.

Re-enable SEO mode and undo the edit to the code.

The new sitemap should now have the standard URLs for the categories, products, and documents. Look at the table CubeCart_documents and compare each line in the sitemap file (the documents group near the bottom) and the doc_id number at the end of the URL with the records in the database table.

You are looking for any document record in the table where status is '0', yet shows up in the sitemap list.

I will say you won't find one.

This is just wild guess, but when you are looking at the database table CC_documents, look for the possibility that you have two documents with different id's, yet have the same, or very nearly the same, title. If this situation exists, then the SEO's "generate the friendly URL" function is creating a reference to a document where it's status is '1', but the title being created suggests a different document - the one where the status is '0' - thus some confusion as to why it's appearing in the sitemap.

This is just wild guess, but when you are looking at the database table CC_documents, look for the possibility that you have two documents with different id's, yet have the same, or very nearly the same, title. If this situation exists, then the SEO's "generate the friendly URL" function is creating a reference to a document where it's status is '1', but the title being created suggests a different document - the one where the status is '0' - thus some confusion as to why it's appearing in the sitemap.

This won't be the case, as I had already saved off the contents of the real x'd out document, deleted it, and created one with test as the title, etc.

I'll give your no SEO suggestion a try and reply as soon as I can.

You can also work backwards. Note the exact friendly part of the URL (from the sitemap) that you don't want, find that in the CubeCart_seo_urls table, note the item_id for that record, then find the matching doc_id in the CC_documents table. What is the status of that document record?

This edit (see above):

simply cannot return a record unless its status is '1'.

Did you make the edit to both stores? Could you perhaps be working in one store but only having made the edit to the other?

Can you compare the count of document URLs in the sitemap document with the count of records in the CC-documents table?

Um, no. FYI:

array('status' => '1')

In the array function (this function creates an array-type variable), the => operator means that the key 'status' is associated with the value '1'. It's not a mathematical operator.

When these function arguments are sent to the Database class, Select function, the class converts these arrays to the appropriate phrases in the SQL command. So, from this statement:

select('CubeCart_documents', array('doc_id'), array('status' => '1'))

the resulting command is:

SELECT `doc_id` FROM CubeCart_documents WHERE `status` = '1'

Enough to drive you crazy - I don't know how you manipulate all this code in your head, but you are a sheer genius!! My hat's off to you - without you this forum would be dead in the water. THANK YOU for sticking with it until a solution was found. I'm sorry I hadn't noticed the wording difference earlier.

I'll try my best not to bother you until sometime next year, so I want to wish you and yours a most wonderful and blessed Christmas!

• 4 months later...