Resolved - Dashboard in CubeCart 5.1.5 not rendering. Error

Guest d4vinder

Guest d4vinder

Hi Guys,

This is my very first post and experience with cube cart. Unfortunately for me, I have inhertied a wealth of problems from a friend who has no programming skills whatsoever after he called oneday in a panic that his store files had vanished in to thin air.

I checked the Host Server (Host Papa) and true to his word all the php files had vanished. Either a malicious hack or disgruntled ex-developer who he had fallen out with. either way my life has been pretty crap since.

Up investigation, i notice a store DB that was still lurking, I decided to try and download Cube Cart v4 (this is what he said it was - but it was more like v3.06 or something) - I couldnt find a download for v4 therefore was forced to upgrade  (again with issues) to v5.1.5.

I think I am on the right tracks thus far but I would like to pick at someones brains if anyone of would be so kind to help.

The Dashboard graph only seems to work in FireFox, using Internet Explorer I get the following error:

Open Flash Chart

JSON Parse Error [syntax Error]
Error at character 0, line 1:

0: echo $flashChart->begin(array('prototype'=>true));

Many thanks

As I understand it you upgraded from some version of 3 to 5.1.5 from an old database. The Admin sidebar links are working, but the graph is not showing - is that correct?

Please create your signature with as much setup information as you can, including info about your server setup, as that will be helpful to those who are knowledgeable and can guide you through this.

Welcome d4vinder! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

That error message is a new one, that is, I think I've not seen anyone report that until now.

I'm not sure about the 0: part, but the rest is a PHP statement. Odd thing is, I can't find it in any of the code.

I'll keep looking.

Guest d4vinder

Dirty Butter & BSMither, thanks first of all for your kind replies.

Dirty Butter - "As I understand it you upgraded from some version of 3 to 5.1.5 from an old database. The Admin sidebar links are working, but the graph is not showing - is that correct?" 

Yes, I upgraded the database from v3-something to v5.1.5 as all php files from the front-end mysteriously vanished (I believe it was HostPapa who is responsible but that's for another day). The admin side bar is working fine. Infact the Dashboard graph works too but only in FireFox and NOT in Internet Explorer. Most things upon the new 5.1.5 installation are working since I upgraded the database bar a few forced additions

• I had to manually create the 'Source' folder inside the images folder to get the image uploads working.
  • I also had to create the directory '/data-files/y-axis-auto-steps.txt'

bsmither - The rason the error message is most probably a new to you is because I had to manually creat the file 'y-axis-auto-steps.txt' because the directory was not present upon installation of CC 5.1.5. Obviously, manually creating the file also means I had to manually add the code in there too. so I added (after a bit of googling) :

echo $flashChart->begin(array('prototype'=>true));
$flashChart->setData(array(1,2,4,8));
echo $flashChart->chart();
echo $flashChart->render(); 

I hope this provides some valuable information as to why the dashboard graph only works in FireFox.

Thanks, look forward to your replies.

The error about the file is a false positive. That file actually does not exist and nor should it exist.

If you haven't seen this already:

http://forums.cubecart.com/topic/46025-dashboard-error/?hl=chart

http://forums.cubecart.com/topic/45878-resolved-dashboard-error/?hl=chart

The author of the OFC application (it's third-party to Cubecart) also admits to this problem. Even Firefox users, such as myself, experienced problems.

Just so that the information is recorded here, please let us know what version of Internet Explorer is experiencing the problem, and if you can determine, what is the version of the Flash Player helper installed in that IE browser.

Guest d4vinder

Thanks. I updated the Flash Player for Interner Explorer 9 and it now works.

I assume the /data-files/ directory is ok to remove now that it's working?