Http Error Soft 404

vit320

So cart when don't find some product redirect user in root index.php (302), but error was 404...how i can change this?

There is some special reason for this? I have recreated personal 404 page but seems don't be sufficient.

Pheraps something to write in .htaccess?

I believe what you are seeing is CubeCart's ability to create "friendly" web addresses to the products, categories, and documents in your store. They are called "SEO URLs", such as, www.domain.com/a-friendly-description-of-this-product.html

Then, when the web server gets one of these friendly web addresses, it is the web server's job to determine first if this html page actually exists. If it doesn't, then you typically get a 404 message.

But, there is more work the web server needs to do called URL ReWrites. The web address will be rewritten as:

www.domain.com/index.php?seo_path=a-friendly-description-of-this-product

Then, when CubeCart is starting, it looks for the value of seo_path, looks in the database, and figures out what product, category, or document that phrase is referring to.

If that phrase is not in the database, CubeCart just gives the Homepage.

I recall a discussion about changing CubeCart's behavior so that if a phrase is not in the database, CubeCart will then send a 404 Document.

You might find that discussion at www.cubecartforums.org.