Changes in V4.4.5

Guest fz22gq

While i understand V3 and V4 are no longer supported, i wasn't expecting to start seeing changes in V4.

I went to create a new order today and when i go to select the customer i no longer have that option.

Orders > Add New now comes up with a Customer box and an update button. No drop down to select the customer. My reason for needing this is a drop shipper send me orders and i create under his name, using the end customers address.

I've tried this and it comes up blank, what's going wrong? Why are there changes to a system that is no longer supported? I expect this to continue working for quite sometime as the servers will surely run all the necessary back end.

But WHY is the cubecart system changing?

CubeCart does not change its code unawares to you. Other than licensing issues which may block access to the admin section, if anything "all of a sudden" changes how it works, it's not CubeCart's fault.

The web server, PHP, MySQL, or any other outside resource is the likely candidate for blame, including such changes to how shipping agents and payment agents change the way they require modules communicate with their APIs.

If you have any mods installed in your CC4 store that use jQuery, be advised that jQuery was updated January 15th to v1.9.0, and this may be the cause of your situation.

If you don't have a mod installed that might affect your drop-down selectors, we invite you to continue this discussion about CC4 over at www.cubecartforums.org.