Adding and removing documents to navigation?

Guest obladeo

Guest obladeo

Hi

I'm new to cubcart and i have version 5. Someone created me this site and it's working well but i'm stuck.
http://www.urbanpaintballuk.com/

How do you add and remove documents on the left navigation bar?

As you can see on my site there is prices. This was a document that i deleted but the navigation is still there (goes to a black page now).

I would also like to add a new docuement to the navigation but cannot figure out how to add it. Everytime i add one it adds to the bottom bar and not the left one.

Thanks for your help and sorry i'm such a noob.

I think what you are calling a document is really a category. Try looking in Admin/Categories to see if Prices is there. Some kind of customization has evidently been done, because some of those left sidebar links are documents and most are categories. If you roll your cursor over them and look at your browser bottom bar you should see the name of each one - not some end with category and others with document.

(On another issue - you don't have SEO installed, so your url's are not customer friendly. Something to consider.)

Guest obladeo

Thanks for the quick reply

In my categories i only have

updown.gif 1.png Event Tickets   add.png edit.png delete.png 2 updown.gif 1.png Event Paintballs   add.png edit.png delete.png 3 updown.gif 1.png Event Pyrotechnics   add.png edit.png delete.png 4 updown.gif 1.png Event Miscellaneous   add.png edit.png delete.png 5 updown.gif 1.png Psycho Scenario Mask Covers   add.png edit.png delete.png

Seems the guy that set it up has been playing with the scripts or something.
I'll have to get a friend to have a look at it then

Thanks

Welcome obladeo! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

The person who made the site was perhaps following instruction to have links to documents in the Navigation box -- a box used to list the categories.

You are using the Kurouto skin. So, using a programmer's text editor (NotePad++ is good), fetch the following file and open it for editing:

/skins/kurouto/templates/box.navigation.php

Here you will see the HTML for a list that includes:

Homepage

{Categories}

Gift Certificates

Sale Items

There may be other hard-coded links to the documents. If you are familiar with HTML, you can edit the list items yourself.