Resolved - CC5 is adding OVER 50% to the price of items

WalstonNet

Ok so we're almost done with this site but I am stuck on something that I just can't for the life of me figure out. If I add an item with a price of say $25.00, when the product is displayed on the site it is showing the price as $39.22. So it's adding $14.22 to the price, and I have no idea why. I have it set to charge standard tax etc, and this id displaying on the site for the product BEFORE any tax or shipping. It doesn't make any sense.

Can someone please help?

Thank you! Please see the attached screenshot for an example of what is happening.

You say you are using CubeCart 5, but we need the exact version -- Admin, Dashboard, Store Info.

Please verify a few settings:

You, as the admin, have not set a personal preferential currency in your profile (might not be possible, but check anyway).

You, as the non-logged in customer (and you may need to log out as admin), have not chosen an alternate currency.

You, as a logged in customer, have not chosen an alternate currency in your profile.

In the admin, Store Settings, General tab, are using the desired currency.

In the admin, Currencies, the currency you expect the store to be showing has 1.00000 as the exchange rate.

bsmither, thanks for your reply, all of that is in my signature. The only thing that is not I guess would be the store URL which is www.arnswoodshop.com.

You, as the admin, have not set a personal preferential currency in your profile (might not be possible, but check anyway). This is set, it is set to USD.

You, as the non-logged in customer (and you may need to log out as admin), have not chosen an alternate currency. I have logged out & logged back in and it does not give me an option for an alternate currency because in the admin I have it set to use USD only. This client is wanting to deal in USD only.

You, as a logged in customer, have not chosen an alternate currency in your profile. Same as above, everything is in USD

In the admin, Store Settings, General tab, are using the desired currency. This is set, it is set to USD.

In the admin, Currencies, the currency you expect the store to be showing has 1.00000 as the exchange rate. In currencies in the admin, USD is the only currency enabled. It does show an exchange rate of 1.56862 but if USD is the only currency being used and all orders are being placed by people in the United States, why would it add extra to an item. If we set an item to be $25, then it should charge $25, plus the standard tax if their billing address is in Utah, lus whatever shipping option they choose. But for whatever reason it's adding an extra $14.22 to a $25 item. I'm still confused :-( Thanks again for your help as always.

It does show an exchange rate of 1.56862 and there lies the problem.

Solution short: Set USD to an exchange rate of 1.00000 (25 x 1.56862 = 39.22 = 25 + 14.22)

In your sig, I see "Using CubeCart 5". We would like to know if it is CubeCart 5.1.1, 5.1.5, 5.2.0, 5.2.1, etc as each specific version has its peculiarities and bug fixes.

I would say that CC515 is a safe version for the CC5.1.X series, that is, if you choose to wait to upgrade into the CC5.2.X series.

CubeCart will not disregard the exchange rate, even if there is only one currency enabled. That's the fact of the code. The philosophy of why Cubecart is coded that way, I cannot guess. (Although with only one currency enabled, it makes a kind of sense to disregard the exchange rate.)

Admin, Dashboard, Store Info.

When you first log in to admin, you are presented with the "Dashboard". You can always get back to the Dashboard by clicking the link in the breadcrumb trail just below the tabs for any main content area. From the Dashboard, click the Store Info tab.