Resolved - Customer can not use registration

Ms Holly

Im not sure if it is a new problem on my site but it has only been reported yesterday and I just had a go myself and found the same problem.

When a customer registers and then trys to log in again to check out they are taken back to the cart screen but are not logged in - then they can't check out with the same email as it comes up that they are already registered.   The reset /resend password doesn't  seem to be working either.

Any thoughts?

Script Version 5.2.1 PHP Version 5.2.14 MySQL Version 50096 Browser user-agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0 Server Software Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8

Upgrade from 5.1.4

Im not sure if it is a new problem on my site but it has only been reported yesterday and I just had a go myself and found the same problem.

When a customer registers and then trys to log in again to check out they are taken back to the cart screen but are not logged in - then they can't check out with the same email as it comes up that they are already registered.   The reset /resend password doesn't  seem to be working either.

Any thoughts?

Script Version 5.2.1 PHP Version 5.2.14 MySQL Version 50096 Browser user-agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0 Server Software Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8

Upgrade from 5.1.4

same issues, ongoing now.

SSL wasn't enabled contacted support who quickly resolved the issue - thanks Bill.

Guess I should have done this in the first place but checked the error log showing problem with a table in the database.

In the database mainteance tab  the table didn't show anything next to it so clicked repair - then I think save on the next screen.

All good now. 

sorry I cna't work out how to mark as resolved