email notifications when customer places order not working

Guest irrimiri

Guest irrimiri

Hi there,

I already had a slight suspicion about it, but this week it was confirmed. I don't get email notifications when a customer has placed an order in my shop.
And I did receive them before.
I checked my admin user, which is of course me, and it says that receiving order email notifications are enabled.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? Do I need to change a file perhaps?

I have the latest version of cubecart.

Also, I haven't been working on my shop recently so I am not sure when this bug (if it is a bug) creeped in :S
Maybe with the last update, but I am guessing here. I know that the notifications worked before.

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,

Miriam

Guest irrimiri

Hi Bsmither,

Thanks again for your fast reply.

Yes it does. I am just checking the emails I receive.
I get the order confirmation(!!) when I 'close' the order and mark it as finished.
That's odd

Good. Just so you know (unless you've made some edits to the code), there is a store setting that will notify the admins when a new order goes to Pending or Processing. And the order must pass through the code of a gateway. And the only gateway I've seen not cause the sending of an email is the Print Order Form.

Your customer's order that should have sent an email -- is it Pending or Processing? What gateway was used?

(If you did make any edits to the code, the upgrade undid all that.)

Guest irrimiri

Hi BSmither,

Yes it happened to be a print order form. But I am checking the other two payment options too and I just don't get any order announcement emails. But I see that the customer (which is me with my test account) receives a confirmation email, so that's at least working.

It seems all order confirmations won't get through. I didn't do any modifications in the code.

I am having the same problem since setup of the store 2 weeks ago. No changes to the store aside from skin work. 

Orders are coming in to one of my emails but not the other three, even though their Admin accounts are set to receive order notification. 

My orders, the three that I tested were all credit card orders. And none of them sent any email notification. 

Store is running on 5.2.1

Hosting is on InMotionHosting

PHP Version 5.3.21

Linux Server

Guest irrimiri

Yeah still got the issue, though I am not sure if it's a malfunction now. (Eerlewein, I think you might want your own topic for this since it looks like a different kind of problem ;) ).

Today I found out that I receive an email when my the order is payed with IDEAL payment, and I also received one after a Paypal payment.
I think, when I tested it, I didn't get a confirmation because I didn't finish the payment order. I didn't actually pay and thought I should receive an email confirmation the moment I click on 'purchase'. So that explains why I didn't receive the emails.

But is there a way to receive a confirmation order of the orders made with bank wire transfer? I understand that the shop only sends emails when it has a confirmation of payment.
So it doesn't send an email when there is a bank transfer payment since it can't check this payment.
Though it would be ideal to receive an email of the made order anyway so I will check my shop.
I don't check it every day since I don't get orders every day. I found out about this bank transfer order a bit too late.

Is there a solution for this?

Kind Regards,

Miriam