Orders not showing up in admin CP

salvador21

This has happened a couple of times. A customer places two orders, I get an email notification for each (see attached)  but they have the same order number and only one shows up in the Admin control panel.

Can anyone help please?

Cubecart Version 5.2,

CC version 5.2.???

What gateway were these orders placed with?

Or did they get through the gateway, discover they couldn't pay, backtracked to the choice of gateways, try another?

For your admin->New Order setting: is it set to get an email on Pending or Processing?

It's 5.2, I didn't realise there was an update.

The customer ordered one product and paid successfully, then 15 minutes later ordered another, and paid successfully. Worldpay shows both payments at exact same times as the notifications.

Only the second order shows up in the CP, but both orders generate notifications, so it is as if the second order overwrites the first one in the CP. As mentioned both notifications have the same order number.

Both payments show successful in Worldpay, where they show as two separate transactions with seperate WP transaction numbers but the same Cart ID on each.

Notifications set to be sent on processing

To summarise:

• Payment of £43.90 successful - time on notification and WP = 13.44 - CC order# 130507-134106-7172 WP transaction 2654371741
  • Payment of £1.95 successful  -time on notification and WP = 14.01 - CC order# 130507-134106-7172 WP transaction 2654376044
  • Order in CP shows only one order - time =13:58 CC order# 130507-134106-7172

When this happened before I didn't notice as I use the CP rather than email notifications, it wasn't until the irate customer told me only one order arrived that I found out it had happened, which of course means I can't really rely on the Cubecart CP for orders.

In CubeCart 5.2.1, the database has a Primary Key in the Order Summary table for the cart_order_id column. The database will not allow another record to be inserted into this table that uses the same cart_order_id value. Therefore, you won't find this customer's second order in Cubecart's Orders list because it was never saved.

However, if you look at the details of the order, there should be listed all the products from both orders, and should not show only the second order's contents as you say, as CubeCart does save the inventory sold in each order in a different table. (The Inventory tab will have the totals from only the first order summary.)

So, we just need to know the exact steps your customer took from paying for the first item to making the second purchase.

In CubeCart 5.2.1, the database has a Primary Key in the Order Summary table for the cart_order_id column. The database will not allow another record to be inserted into this table that uses the same cart_order_id value. Therefore, you won't find this customer's second order in Cubecart's Orders list because it was never saved.

However, if you look at the details of the order, there should be listed all the products from both orders, and should not show only the second order's contents as you say, as CubeCart does save the inventory sold in each order in a different table. (The Inventory tab will have the totals from only the first order summary.)

So, we just need to know the exact steps your customer took from paying for the first item to making the second purchase.

I very much doubt whether people remember the exact steps they took, but I suppose I can try asking. As fgar as the customer is concerned nothing went wrong because luckily I noticed the two notifications and only one order in the CP (with only the second order items on it.

What I don't understand is how there can be two orders with the same number in the first place. Surely this is a bug?

Bsmither has reported it as a bug, but without knowing how the customer went through the process it may not be so easily resolved. And yes, I've tried to ask customers for specifics when they had problems with an order - it's all but hopeless to get meaningful answers.

Please examine CubeCart's Transaction Logs. You may see two line items with the same order number.

Also, when viewing the details of that order number, you say you see only the item from the second occurrence in the Inventory tab. Not the items from both occurrences?

On that order's History tab, does the order go from Pending to Processing then back to Pending and then again to Processing?

The order number suggests it was created at 13:41, and at 13:44 the transaction completed. Then, at 13:58 (according to the CP), perhaps the cart was updated, and then having another transaction completing at 14.01.

I will surmise that perhaps the customer pressed the browser's "Back" button.

Please examine CubeCart's Transaction Logs. You may see two line items with the same order number.

Also, when viewing the details of that order number, you say you see only the item from the second occurrence in the Inventory tab. Not the items from both occurrences?

On that order's History tab, does the order go from Pending to Processing then back to Pending and then again to Processing?

The order number suggests it was created at 13:41, and at 13:44 the transaction completed. Then, at 13:58 (according to the CP), perhaps the cart was updated, and then having another transaction completing at 14.01.

I will surmise that perhaps the customer pressed the browser's "Back" button.

In transaction logs. Well, only one order shows (£43.90) but when you click on it then it shows both, one for £1.95 and the other for £43.90

History screenshot:

I see that the order went from Processing status (the second time) to Complete status instantaneously. This typically happens when selling digital downloads as there is no need for the admin's management. Is the inventory on the second occurrence a digital product?

(Just curious - not that this info would help track down the cause.)

I see that the order went from Processing status (the second time) to Complete status instantaneously. This typically happens when selling digital downloads as there is no need for the admin's management. Is the inventory on the second occurrence a digital product?

(Just curious - not that this info would help track down the cause.)

Yes, it's a download.

I'm not sure if this will be helpful or just confuse the issue, but in case it helps...

I was testing our Sequential Order Number mod after upgrading to 5.2.2. So I went through the checkout process to "buy" one of our items and when it went to PayPal I closed the PayPal page and checked the Orders to see if the order number was what I had wanted.

WHILE STILL LOGGED IN as a customer I "bought" something else by the same process, stopping short of actually paying.

I expected to find the next sequential number in the Order list, but instead there was only the one new order and order number was the same, but the ITEM BOUGHT was now the second item I had "purchased".

THEN I LOGGED OUT as a Customer and went through the "purchase" process again. THIS TIME I correctly got a new order number with the new item showing in the "purchase".

"when it went to PayPal I closed the PayPal page"

So you are using the PayPal payment method that takes you to their gateway in a different browser window - or at least a PayPal domain website?

Salvador21 reports he is using PayPal Express Checkout, but I can't tell from the code what is Express, Pro, Pro_Direct, Marque, Hosted, Website_Payment, or any other name PayPal wants to use, and whether the customer stays or goes or CubeCart iframe's from PayPal. (And I have no desire to pollute my brain with PayPal stuff.)

With debug mode on, you should be able to note if the SESSION section has a cart_order_id (it won't until you login and begin to checkout).

I'll try the same experiment with the test gateway I use, but it doesn't take you away from CubeCart to make the transaction.

I use the Gateway/ PayPal one - NOT the PayPal Pro version found under Plugins. That takes the customer to a new page where they can login to PayPal or use a link they provide to pay with a credit/debit card. It shows the carter_order_id and the total charge, but does NOT give any other information about what is being bought.

I'll try this all again and see if I can tell what the SESSION section details.

The first order does show the 'cart_order_id' => '2013-PC-2217'. I marked the order as Processing in Admin. Then, still logged in as the same customer I added something else to the cart. BOTH items were shown in the cart - from the first order and the second (not sure if tha happened earlier or not). I deleted the first item (assuming that's what a customer would do) and proceeded to "buy" the second one. The SESSION shows the same 'cart_order_id' => '2013-PC-2217' with the second item being purchased.