Orders are cancelling themselves

eerlewein

Good Evening,

So I am having the following issue. For some reason Orders are coming in, stand there as pending, but after about 4-6 hours they switch directly back to cancelled. No customer interaction. 

I checked the following but: http://forums.cubecart.com/topic/38692-orders-are-canceling-themselves/

no dice...

Does anyone have suggestions for this?

Thank you. 

Okay found it. It was set to 1200. changed it to zero. 

I am assuming that will fix it? 

What is the feature for?? I mean who has a store and wants to loose sales by having an order expire? 

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Kind Regards,

Emanuel

An order becomes Pending when the customer makes it to the checkout process. Some customers may decide that the shipping and taxes are too high, or the method of payment isn't right, or for some other reason.

Yes, you as a conscientious store owner would like to determine why the customer walked away at this point (if the customer signed in or filled out the in-line billing address form, so you know how to contact them).

But there is another store setting that is important for some stores, that is whether to adjust the stock level when the item is placed in the shopping cart, or when it is actually paid for. Stores with many one-of-a-kind items cannot have that stock level at zero if the customer is going to take a few days to figure out how payment can be made. Conversely, the store owner may not be in a position to sell more than what is in stock. (1200 seconds is a real short amount of time, though.)