Login problem

Adik

Hi all,

I've just upgraded from version 3 to version 5.2.2 (Lite).
Now, when I try to login on the store the login screen keeps appearing, without any warnings/errors/notifications, and doesn't log me in. If I use a wrong password, it gives me the "wrong password" notification. So it does recognize me...

Also when I try to register (during the order process or from homepage), it stays in the registering screen and doesn't go to the next step. I can see in the database that the user is actually created.

I can login to the admin site with no problem.

I'm running on PHP 5.3.8 and Apache/2.2.21 (Linux/SUSE) with IonCube installed:

PHP 5.3.8 (cli)
Copyright © 1997-2011 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright © 1998-2011 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.4.1, Copyright © 2002-2013, by ionCube Ltd.

I also did a clean install with a new database with the same result. The login screen flickers after entering userid and password and the password field is emptied, but I am not logged in....

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Hopefully someone knowledgeable will be along soon, but in the meantime, please check your includes/global.inc.php file and see if your set to use the Zend or ionCube loader.

Mine shows $glob['encoder'] = 'ioncube';

I think I've read that sometimes Zend can be cranky with CC installs, so you might want to try setting it to ioncube to see if that fixes it.

Yes, I already set it to ioncube before. At first it was set to zend and I only got empty screens! :)

But thanks for the suggestion... ;)

I think I'll revert back to version 3 to get the shop accessable again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... appearantly all the knowledgeable persons are in hiding... ;)

Is there no one who can help me?

It looks like the php redirect after login is not working or the session is not correctly opened so it doesn't recognize i'm logged in correctly.

Besides that, I'm also experiencing mysql errors concerning the session_id:

File: [session.class.php] Line: [628] "INSERT INTO `s4w_CubeCart_sessions` (`admin_id`,`customer_id`,`ip_address`,`location`,`session_id`,`session_last`,`session_start`,`useragent`) VALUES ('0','0','192.168.7.84','','m18lblmec5aisqpdunqgv7ghn7566moggdtnudlug6r9b6sd0tv1','1377756745','1377756745','Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0');" - Duplicate entry 'm18lblmec5aisqpdunqgv7ghn7566mog' for key 'PRIMARY'

I can change the structure of the table to set session_id to auto-increment so I don't get this error, but this is an out-of-the-box clean installation.

So why is this occuring? And I didin't find any other posts with this problem.

Thanks in advance

Your session id is 52 characters long. The database only holds 32. The duplicate entry complaint is 32 characters. My session_id's are 26 characters long.

You may want to contact your hosting provider and ask if they have configured PHP to deliver a specific session identifier. They are supposed to be unique (which is why you got "Duplicate entry').

You can try changing the width of the session_id column to 64. But get your hosting provider involved to answer the question of the PHP configuration.

Ok, thanks!

I'm hosting it on my own server, so I'll go look for the PHP session configuration attribute and reduce it to less than 32.

Or increase the colomn width if I can't find it.. :)

Also any ideas on why I'm not getting redirected to the next page after login?

Could that be related to the fact the session_id is now too log and not correctly inserted into the database?

Gr,

Ad.

Session_id codes must match the cookies being sent to your browser (if needed, you can compare your cookie with the session_id). The session_id code also must match the name of a file in PHP's session folder, if file-based. The PHP.INI file will indicate where the session folder is, and whether the sessions are stored in memory or in files. (Choose file-based.)

All three locations must match! If the cookie gets lost, no log-in or a loss of log-in and cart contents. If the database can't accept the code, or can't find a matching record, no log-in. If PHP can't save, or memorize, a session identifier, you get a warning or maybe a blank page.

Also, in PHP.INI, configure PHP to log its errors. And install XDebug. It will make life so much more enjoyable.

Ah... that explains a lot!!!

As a temp solution I've increased the columnwidth (can't acces the webserver from my current location), and login does seem to work now. :)

Thanks for your help. I'll install xdebug and expect a very enjoyable life.... ;)