Digital shipping option!

Iona

CC5

I currently only supply digital products. There is no option for "digital shipping" only "free shipping". It would be great if anyone could point me to a mod or plugin that gives me a digital shipping option which then removes the need for "delivery address" address detail on payment pages and emails, replacing it with: Items will be delivered by download.

Hoping someone can help!

Iona

Sorry you're having this issue. I don't have digital downloads, so this is a completely foreign area to me. Hopefully Bsmither will be along soon to help you. In the meantime, please create your signature with all your setup information. Also, please indicate if you have access to cpanel/FTP and can make edits to the code if need be.

You can easily change the wording of "free shipping" in Admin>Settings>Languages>Modules-Shipping-Free Shipping, so that may be a way around that issue, and removing the address section of the code may be easy, but may also have unintended consequences. Just some thoughts - please wait for a CC expert on this one.

Yay - I seemed to have figured it out! If you change shipping method to "flat rate" enter name: By download, and cost: 0.00 - the system no longer brings up fields for "delivery address" in the checkout process. 
I will have to check through again. And of course its no help if you "do" want to start selling tangible products as well.

Thank you - you led me there!

Interesting that CubeCart would still show a delivery address phase in the checkout sequence if, during the enumeration of the cart's contents, CubeCart determines there are no tangible products. I will track the code to see what is going on.

Meanwhile, in the store admin, Store Settings, Features tab, set Allow No Shipping to a green tick, and on the General tab, set Tax Customer by Billing Address.

Then, do not enable any of the shipping modules.

(Still on my first cup of coffee, so...) At the moment, I can't find the store setting that requires the delivery address to be the billing address.

I seemed to have fixed it as per post above for now. Plus I think the developer has turned off store settings - features tab as it doesn't show.

Will leave it as it is for now but will be interested to hear what you find.

I have a meeting with web developer tomorrow so will ask him to turn that back on - along with a few other missing features! (I understand he is only trying to protect me from myself - but can be frustrating when he's not the fastest in the world and I want to open my shop!)

• 2 months later...