Resolved - Can't find Cloned Product in Database

Dirty Butter

I'm pulling my hair out with this one. I've created 3 products lately using the cloned product process. I had created a template for all our estates products and cloned it to create them. I also added a new Category. They ALL show in the front end and in the sitemap. BUT I can't find them in the database! This is so weird! I've repaired the database, with no luck.

Is this a hosting issue, or did the cloned items end up somewhere else in the database besides _inventory?

This may be what is causing the apparent problem of not finding them in the _inventory table: If records in the _inventory table are deleted, that creates a void that possibly can later be filled by an insertion. That being done, and if the database utility (phpMyAdmin) is not configured - or does not make the assumption - to default ORDER BY the primary index, then the inserted records that fill voids will not be in the list where you might expect.

Try forcing the utility to ORDER BY the _inventory table by 'product_id'. The index 'product_id' is never reused.

OK, I did that, and even visually looked at all 127 products in the database - the newest 3 just don't show there. It's been a long time before those that I added a product.

I can't find the new category when I search for the Category in phpmyadmin, either, but it shows on the front end.

I'm looking at the Plush Catalog shop, and in Latest Products, I see the form elements (View Source in the browser -shortened) to "add-to-basket" the two top-most items:

<input name="add[3256][quantity]" value="1" />"Carters Halloween Orange Pumpkin Tan Velour Bear with Cap"

<input name="add[3255][quantity]" value="1" />"Carters Just One You Pink Brown Spot Dog Crib Pull Brahms"

So, try to have the phpMyAdmin filter the product_id column to show only the record where product_id = 3256 (and then 3255).

And, again, I don't mean to insult - but are you looking at the right database?

no, it's not - that's my problem. I've tried using phpmyadmin to search for Mikasa, and since the list is small, I've tried actually skimming through the whole list. I did the same thing with Haiti, STP, and Kodascope for the other latest products, and I can't find them, either.

I would not have realized there was a problem, but I created a new Google Product Category code on products.index,php for the camera equipment I'll be listing - it shows in my list within Admin, but started checking when it would not stick when I saved the Google Product Category for the movie projector. When I started looking for the problem I realized these newer listings weren't showing in phpmyadmin at all. I say it has to be a HG problem, but they say not.

"I can't find the new category when I search for the Category in phpmyadmin, either, but it shows on the front end."

Do the newest products and category show in CubeCart's admin screens?

Please verify the dbhost and dbname as given in the /includes/global.inc.php file for that store with where you log in to on phpMyAdmin.

The problem DOES have something to do with what the current database info is and what is in includes. I changed hosts some time ago. Because I hadn't made any changes to this site in so long the issue had not shown up until now. I'll see if I can figure this out for myself, hopefully. Thank you for suggesting I check that!!!

They have TWO copies of my database there - the old one I'm used to, and another one that matches the includes. The support person should have caught my mistake, as I gave them the old name's database I thought was it when I talked to them. You're a life saver (and hair saver in this case lol). Thank you for bearing with me - see, there's no such thing as asking the obvious with a newbie - and no matter how hard I try I'll always be a newbie.