USPS NOT allowing First Class Choice

Dirty Butter

I have had numerous customers contact us recently, because they SEE the First Class choice, but cannot CHOOSE that choice. This happens for USA customers and International ones, We do not allow Ghost customers. Some orders ARE being processed correctly, however!

I've logged out and created a test order with their address, and it works properly for me. What could be happening????

Just heard back from a customer having this issue:

Sounds more like a session problem -

I tried to choose the wrong shipping of $38.90 and it allowed me to get to the address part then told me nothing was in my cart. I tried to start over and log in again and choose the two bears again but was told this "Sorry, you can't buy more than we have. We have automatically reduced your quantity to the maximum available"  Now I can't even get these two bears in my cart.  I use a regular computer. What's happening?  I usually buy from Ebay but took a chance on you guys. I'm so far very frustrated.

Her order is not even showing up in Admin at all.

"[The customer] can SEE the First Class choice, but cannot CHOOSE that choice."

If the shipping choices are a drop-down selector, then the choice can be made. What we need to know is what happens after the choice has been made.

Generally, the shipping selector is an auto-submit element. That is, when the selector choice is changed, javascript will submit the form and CubeCart will deliver a fresh checkout page with totals recalculated with that shipping charge.

So, when you quote your customer, "I tried to choose the wrong shipping of $38.90 and it allowed me to get to the address part," we would like to know precisely what your customer's experience was when they tried to choose the shipping amount on their first try.

(Also, just to help us a bit more, since you have two installations that are not identical, please let us know which store, Animals or Estates.)

Let us know if you have checked CubeCart's admin error logs, Customer Access log (in the Staff Access Log screen), and request log (USPS request), and if so, what you have discovered.

Sorry - this is for Animals. When she tried to choose the First Class to begin with she could see the correct s/h First Class option, but it would not let her select it. I told her to create the order with the wrong s/h, but not pay, and I would then correct the order and invoice her via PP.

Now I'm creating the order from scratch.

I am not logged in and am at the checkout page (_a=confirm) and I see the shipping drop-down selector. It is already showing First-Class -- being the less costly of the choices.

What I do notice is that the width of the selector is so wide, the downward button has intruded into the cart "Total details" section. Since the selector is "behind" this box (but can still be seen through it), the browser does not recognize the mouse is clicking on it. Only by clicking somewhere on the selector but not inside this box will the drop-down selector actually drop-down.

Apparently the skin you are using does not auto-submit when the shipping choice changes. Clicking Update works.

OK. I can fix the width of the selector. That happened when the USPS changed the names and took up more space. I didn't realize it was a problem and had it way down my list of things to do.

BUT, you also asked about state names or numbers. We have an odd conglomeration, with some numbers and some words - even some with a number on Billing and the name on Delivery. No wonder our sales have been at a stand still. MY test orders show numbers every time, as far as I can tell