How to Uncheck "Use same address for billing and shipping"

Dirty Butter

The box to choose the same for billing and shipping address is checked by default, and I need to make the box unchecked by default. Two customers have had to write to tell me the confirmation email shows the wrong shipping address.

I had assumed I could change the value to zero in this line of addressbook.php, but that didn't work:

<div><label for="addr_default">{$LANG.address.default_delivery_address}</label><span><input name="default" type="checkbox" id="addr_default" value="1" {$DATA.default} /> </span></div>

I did clear cache for CC and browser.

ALSO

This latest customer had the billing listed for both when I looked at the info in Admin, BUT the alternate address IS marked as the "Default shipping address". All I did was look at Predefined Addresses and there it was. So maybe the issue is deeper than customer error in not unchecking that box?

Ah I just found it I think.

It was not addressbook.php, but content.checkout.confirm.php:

I took out {$DELIVERY_CHECKED} and the check mark is gone, but I don't want any unintended consequences, so was that the right thing to do?

{if $ALLOW_DELIVERY_ADDRESS}<div><label>&nbsp;</label><span><input type="checkbox" name="delivery_is_billing" id="delivery_is_billing" {$DELIVERY_CHECKED} /> {$LANG.address.delivery_is_billing}</span></div>{/if}

I don't think thats the best way as on reload it will always be unchecked if the customer has checked it (if you see what I mean).

In classes/cubecart.class.php at line 975 you see:

if (!isset($this->_basket['delivery_address']['is_billing']) || $this->_basket['delivery_address']['is_billing']) {
$GLOBALS['smarty']->assign('DELIVERY_CHECKED', 'checked="checked"');
}

The login here needs to be changed to something like: (untested)

if ($this->_basket['delivery_address']['is_billing']) {
$GLOBALS['smarty']->assign('DELIVERY_CHECKED', 'checked="checked"');
}

OK - that's why I asked. It DOES take off the check and make the Delivery form appear until they manually add the check, and it stayed the same way when I refreshed the page. That's what I want.

But this is concerning, too:

This latest customer had the billing listed for both when I looked at the info in Admin, BUT the alternate address IS marked as the "Default shipping address". All I did was look at Predefined Addresses and there it was. So maybe the issue is deeper than customer error in not unchecking that box?