Image Sizes

There is no documentation, but there are several forum conversations that discuss skin images.

There are three locations where image dimensions come into play:

* the skin being used

* the invoice

* the emails

For the skin, all dimensions but the store logo are listed in the skin's config.xml file. Regardless of the size of the product's source image, CubeCart will render specific sizes as needed by the skin as specified by the skin's config.xml. You don't need to make these sizes yourself.

For the store logo, that depends on the skin, but details for each of the stock skins are not provided, nor is any advice provided in the skin's config.xml. But, for the Kurouto skin, I suggest 560x120. A larger image may cause interference by the Search box.

The invoice that can be printed by the admin (shipping/packing sheet) has a storeLabel div of 80x50mm with 4mm padding at the top. That would be about 360x120px at 96dpi. (The layout is designed to accommodate a shipping label sheet that you can order from a shipping supply company.)

The emails have a table width of 580px.

I wonder if it would be an idea (Seeing as we now don't support WIndows servers) to use .htaccess to generate images on the fly. The skin can then specify any image size with a certain naming convention and .htaccess can call a file to write it if it doesn't exist. 

I don't know if that would be open to abuse however.