Default Currency.

Nik Grey

Hi all,

My developer is almost there with my Lettering Tool job.

Here is the link to the tool.

What problems can you see?

The prices I am setting in the back end, for example 11 characters at 30mm should read £9 but as you can see it doesnt.. The chap just got back to me and told me that the default exchange rate for the default currency should be 1.0 but I see no way of changing that ?

I removed everything else currency wise apart from GBP so why would the exchange rate matter ?

I can send admin details to anyone wanting to explore the back end - the last thing I want is a Stale Mate, with him saying One thing and me not being able to make it work because of something I am doing wrong !

Stuck :(

The chap just got back to me and told me that the default exchange rate for the default currency should be 1.0 but I see no way of changing that ?

I removed everything else currency wise apart from GBP so why would the exchange rate matter ?

It should simply be a case of going into Admin | Currencies (there was no need to delete the unwanted currencies, you could have simply disabled them but no harm done) and looking to see what you have under Exchange Rate against GBP. If it isnt 1.0 then you need to click on the rate when you are then anle to change it

Thanks

Ian

I know you're relieved to see this finally working!!

There's so little difference in the way Arial and Micros look - what was the reason for both?

Showing my total ignorance here, but - Are they buying letters to apply to their own sign or the sign with this lettering applied? So is it clear to the customer that they cannot change the sign size, other than to change the size of the font? I tried setting the font size and then changing the size of the sign it goes on - not possible. Probably intentional, but I don't know anything about ordering signs. Maybe instead of Sign Size use Resulting or Finished Sign or Lettering Size?

Would look neater if the right hand side had a margin so it doesn't butt up against the Menu.

This is the kind of reply/question I am looking for as I may well miss something obvious..

This is all working on his test version of CC and they have been adding random fonts for testing.

It's not obvious what this is as there is no explanation so I do understand your line of questioning.

People are buying vinyl signs, so they are entering the size/text etc of what they need - for example you want your domain name as a sign to affix to the inside of the rear window of your car to be read from outside (thats what the Reverse Cut is for).

The sign size is to give an idea of the final size - so if you want a sign to fit inside a certain area this is what you try to get right.

Basically this is for someone wanting a pre-cut set of vinyl lettering for them to apply themselves - I am trying to cut out the back and forth emailing from customers - once they have what they need they see a price and send it to the cart and pay.

The idea is I then get the information and complete the order, the thing is I cant see any of the order detail in the back end.

Quite why I have to keep going through and pointing out the obvious to the developer is beyond me :(

The fella from here who was highly recommended to me will be doing my next job - the link above I am sending you to is my Indian Developer.

I think he is just having a job understanding that I need things to work properly - I have been messaging back and forth since he started the job (a month after it was supposed to be finished) - I tried to make it as easy as possible by outlining the job Here.

The new chap did have a look at the code from the original developer and said he has seen far worse - it's just that the original chap is approaching this in a 'Unorthodox way' so its seems to me he is not familiar with CC5 but I did make the point several times that this might be a problem for him - he assured me he knew it like the back of his hand so what can I do :(

All will be well soon, I just wish I had known what I know now a few months ago - isn't that always the way though :(