Upgrading from 3.0.17 to latest or newer version

Guest marline

Guest marline

I have not upgraded in some time, due to so many custom mods on my store.

What would be the best way to redo my store to the latest my server allows.

And should I just do a new install and work on the custom mods, making sure the kinks are all worked out before turning it on live.

I plan on keeping the other store on while I install the new version.

Here are the specks shown on my Cubecart:

PHP 4.3.11,

Msql 4.1.14

Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.6b mod_fastcgi/2.4.2

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/6.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Tablet PC 2.0)

Which version should I move up too.

Thanks!

Hello marline!

Please be aware that the heavy customization you have on your CC3 store cannot be carried over to the CC5 environment. That said, you may be able to find CC5 mods that will give you the same results as the CC3 custom functions. If not able to locate such mods, you will need to decide what resources you are willing to expend getting CC5 to have those custom functions -- if CC5 does not do those things natively already.

You will likely not find an installation package for CC3 or CC4. Devellion has placed those packages on the "end-of-life" shelf. CC5 is the only package you can license/install at this time. (No one will stop you from using what you are currently using.)

Your server will need to be switched to PHP5.2 or better, but doing so will cause consternation with your CC3 store.

Please let us know your skill level at running a site, programming PHP, etc. We will be glad to help in any way we can.

Guest marline

Hello marline!

Please be aware that the heavy customization you have on your CC3 store cannot be carried over to the CC5 environment. That said, you may be able to find CC5 mods that will give you the same results as the CC3 custom functions. If not able to locate such mods, you will need to decide what resources you are willing to expend getting CC5 to have those custom functions -- if CC5 does not do those things natively already.

You will likely not find an installation package for CC3 or CC4. Devellion has placed those packages on the "end-of-life" shelf. CC5 is the only package you can license/install at this time. (No one will stop you from using what you are currently using.)

Your server will need to be switched to PHP5.2 or better, but doing so will cause consternation with your CC3 store.

Please let us know your skill level at running a site, programming PHP, etc. We will be glad to help in any way we can.

How do I update the PHP to PHP5.2 or above.

Does anyone know if a Mobile Mod is available for 3.0 ver.

I just found this by Marks Cart: Mobile Skin for CC3.

I will try this first.

I did build and Mod my current store myself, but it has been a long while since I touched it, other than adding products, etc.

"How do I update the PHP to PHP5.2 or above."

Your hosted account should have a control panel. cPanel is typical. In there, find a CGI/Scripting settings panel. There, you should be able to specify what major version of PHP you want your site to run under. I remind you, CC3 will need a few key edits. Search for 'deprecated' at www.cubecartforums.org.

"Does anyone know if a Mobile Mod is available for 3.0 ver."

There is this:

http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=17792

CC5 has a mobile skin included (not for CC5-Lite).

"I did build and Mod my current store myself, but it has been a long while since I touched it, other than adding products, etc."

Good to know. Unfortunately, the coding style for CC5 is radically different than CC3. There will be nothing relevant that you can dredge up from ancient CC3 memories.

If you have any questions about cost, processes etc please do let us know. We have an upgrade service if you were to want us to do this for you. We always upgrade a duplicate of your existing store and present both to you when completed. You will keep all inventory upgrading including products, orders, customers etc etc..

Hi Marline,

Before upgrading your CC store to latest version your hosting company need to upgrade to PHP 5.2 at least so you can install CC5 however it will affect your current CC3 website (using PHP 4.0) it will start giving depreciated.energ function error.

I would recommend you to upgrade your CC3 store on a staging environment (hosting server with php 5.2.x) and once you are 100% satisfied you can ask your hosting company to shift your PHP version from 4 to 5.2.x

Let me know if you need our help with this as we have worked in official CubeCart install/upgrade department.

Regards,

• 8 months later...

I need to upgrade as well from 3.0.18 and this is my Cubecart info

Store Overview:   CubeCart Version: 3.0.18       PHP Version: 5.4.32       MySQL Version: 5.5.38-35.2     Image upload folder size: 71.3 MB       Server Software: Apache   Client Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/5.0; QwestIE8)

If I do the upgrade process as of today as it is spelled out in cube carts "how to upgrade" page

https://support.cubecart.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/195/43/how-do-i-upgrade-from-cubecart-v3-to-v5

will it work or will it mess things up?