Installing Custom Module/Plugin ?

Nik Grey

Hi All,

My Lettering Tool has arrived..

My original developer has sent me the package to install, unhelpfully though he didn't give me any clues on how to go about it (I guess I am supposed to know).

What do I put where?

Here's what I have.

lettering-tool-contents.png

Assuming that everything is correct, send the contents of package to the root folder of your store.

You will receive a warning that admin (and classes, modules, and external) already exists.

I will assume that the contents of these folders are new files and that no existing file will be overwritten. But that's a big assumption. Click OK to Overwrite All.

Then, in admin, go to External Software and edit the settings for Lettering.

Thanks, I renamed the original files that would be changed and uploaded the new ones to their various folders.

It appears to be almost working, the 'Show Available Colours' doesnt show available colours, neither do the colours appear in the drop down menu.. but as I say - it almost works.

I only put prices in for the 30mm size so far - its Here.

The trouble is, I dont want the going in and 'Fixing' it as I need to know how to do this myself.

In page=color, there is a table with a blue border. It has the words 'white' and 'black' in each respective cell.

In the HTML code, there are two divs in each cell:

<td height="50" align="center">
<div style="width:80px;">White.</div>
<div style="background:ffffff;height:80px;width:80px;"></div>
</td>

and:

<td height="50" align="center">
<div style="width:80px;">Black.</div>
<div style="background:000000;height:80px;width:80px;"></div>
</td>

For each cell, the second div has a background color. CSS rules (probably) require the color code to be preceded by a hash mark:

background:#ffffff
background:#000000

Thanks Brian, I have sent him this.

Also, I get white pages now when trying to pay or look for orders so I re-named everything back to what it was and renamed the 'Lettering' files so I can find them again (to probably delete) and the payment routine is back to normal (with Toucans tool on this test store still).

Its now working again as expected, well - as it was before I 'installed' the Lettering Tool.

So, they must have sent me an old revision as its working better than this on my main site Here.

:(

On the page _a=letter, the Select Color drop-down has White (black letters) and Black (white letters). The selector is:

<select id="font_color" name="color" original="1">
<option class="colortext" style="background:ffffff;color:white;" value="1">White.</option>
<option class="colortext" style="background:000000;color:white;" value="2">Black.</option>
</select>

Selectors allow for background colors but (probably) require them to be preceded by a hash, and do allow for text colors and styling (unless the option is currently highlighted/selected). It is really best to not do this. But if you must, the background must be a color opposite the text color:

<select id="font_color" name="color" original="1">
<option class="colortext" style="background:#ffffff;color:black;" value="1">White.</option>
<option class="colortext" style="background:#000000;color:white;" value="2">Black.</option>
</select>

Looking at the Popular Products box, I see item 3 (/index.php?_a=product&product_id=7) has a name of just the GBP money symbol. And its image is text that looks to be an attempt at the HTML entity of the GBP symbol, but missed the trailing semi-colon.