Orders dissapearing

Ms Holly

Customers randomly using different systems including modzilla and iphone are putting items in their cart going to pay and the item disappears. My mum has replicated the problem once but I haven't been able to. She was unable to make it occur a second time. There is no reported database errors.

It's a bit random - any thoughts!

I am working with a CubeCart user and discovered one of her customers was not sending back a cookie from whatever app was being used on the customer's iPhone. But non-existent cookies would present problems far greater across the whole user experience.

Another problem solved showed that the customer was using I don't know what, but the browser's user-agent string was randomly changing from IE7 to 8, back to 7, then 9, back to 8, back to7, all randomly. CubeCart will destroy a user's session (losing basket contents, logged in status, et al), if the user agent string changes. The user agent string is the identifier a browser sends with page requests that identifies what it is and its version. If this is the problem, there will be an error message in CubeCart's Error Logs.