Newsletter Editing ?

Nik Grey

I want to temp my visitors to sign up to my Newsletter by offering a % off first order.

I have created the coupon - no problem with that BUT..

How to get this code to them? The only way I can think of is to have the code sent in a 'Thanks for Subscribing' email - "Here is your code etc".

After having a test customer sign up for the Newsletter neither myself nor the test customer received anything - is this normal?

Also, where do I find the files to be edited (if there are any).

Ideally I would like anyone subscribing to my Newsletter to get a notification if that's possible ?

p.s. So nice to be posting about something not so crucial for once :)

"After having a test customer sign up for the Newsletter neither myself nor the test customer received anything - is this normal?"

Currently, yes, this is normal.

I see evidence in the code that Devellion is planning to add a "dual opt-in" process to signing up for the newsletter.

Be sure to read:

Devellion has received a "Please add this" suggestion.

It means spending more money :( , but there is a mod for MailChimp that gives you almost unlimited control of the newsletter process. It does not, however, automatically send the new registration email with the coupon code in it. You still have to go to MailChimp after you get a notice that someone has registered and go through the process of sending your customized New Registration email. You can have as many newsletter templates as you want, with as many email lists as you please - all free on MailChimp's site as long as you don't pass a very liberal number of emails a month.

It's a double opt in, so if you register on our plushcatalog, you'll get the email and code - if you'd like to see it in use.

For 'Safety' reasons I will wait until this is built into the next update, even then its going to be a distressing time for me upgrading again (don't really want to do it but I do need a way of getting a code out).

I don't want to break my tools again.